Ready for Fields yet?

MudDucker

Staff member
Go pro after next year?He's a mediocre college quarterback. Which pro team wants that?

With this kind of dumb response, you must be having health issues like your buddy Urbie Cryer.

bullgator

It was Georgia fans that wanted him benched two weeks ago.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
CMR would be a great AD. Prob the best job for a man like himself. Good culture, starting from the top, caring dude, but maybe not who you need being the bad guy in the locker room. Would be an upgrade from an integrity stand-point right off the bat at "that place"

As long as he never steps foot back on UGA on our payroll.. I wish him the best! CMR will always be a DGD but his time is over here.

Browning Slayer

It was Georgia fans that wanted him benched two weeks ago.

Correction.. It was arm chair UGA wannabe coaches that wanted him benched. Smart folks like myself don't have knee jerk reactions. I also don't play a Playstation and think I can out coach Kirby. But some folks do. There are quite a few here! Those are the ones that give good Dawgs a bad reputation.

TinKnocker

Correction.. It was arm chair UGA wannabe coaches that wanted him benched. Smart folks like myself don't have knee jerk reactions. I also don't play a Playstation and think I can out coach Kirby. But some folks do. There are quite a few here! Those are the ones that give good Dawgs a bad reputation.
This

bullgator

Even I was defending Fromm

Browning Slayer

Even I was defending Fromm
You're not a Dawg fan so you're ok.. It's pointed towards all of the Dawg fans that joined us during the Richt era.. They're the ones that need to go somewhere else..

Browning Slayer

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I get down on the Dawgs more than anyone, but I never called for Fields to take Fromm's job.

riprap

I get down on the Dawgs more than anyone, but I never called for Fields to take Fromm's job.
I haven't seen anyone that has, but a few series in meaningful games could yield huge dividends later on. A running QB can win a lot of games (hurts). A good passing QB can win you a lot of games (Fromm). The last two NC winning QB 's have been able to do both well (Tua/Watson).

Tmpr111

Just as everyone saying Fields! Fields! Fields! is overblown, so is everyone saying he’s not ready or needs this or that! He’s barely played and coming in for a situation here or there doesn’t give him or the offense a chance. Fromm is the leader but that doesn’t mean Fields isn’t ready or couldn’t get into a rythmn if left in - he doesn’t have enough to show one way or the other. So, Hail to all the armchair coaches on here calling others armchair coaches! Send him to FSU, they can use him!

Browning Slayer

Just as everyone saying Fields! Fields! Fields! is overblown, so is everyone saying he’s not ready or needs this or that! He’s barely played and coming in for a situation here or there doesn’t give him or the offense a chance. Fromm is the leader but that doesn’t mean Fields isn’t ready or couldn’t get into a rythmn if left in - he doesn’t have enough to show one way or the other. So, Hail to all the armchair coaches on here calling others armchair coaches! Send him to FSU, they can use him!
Why would he want to go to a losing Program? If he was there he would be a QB and still be losing games.

MudDucker

Staff member
If you didn't see why Fields isn't quite ready last night, you were watching a different game. The kid got sacked running around in the backfield after he stepped back out of the pocket. He has great talent and he will get there, but Fromm is the man right now.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think Field has got a lot of talent and a lot of potential. If he stays he will probably be the starter. We need to see him run the team for a half, and not just handing off. That will most likely happen this Saturday.