Red dot/fast fire or Scope?

sowgabuckstalker

Greetings. I have an M2 Field I use for turkey hunting, its a 12. I am needing/wanting some optics, whats the best option? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I've got a BSA red dot on the 12 and a Truglo 4x32 on a 20. I like them both. One thing my wife said was she likes how the scope makes them look closer at 40 yds and she can see the head better. Good luck with your choice

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
The lifetime warranty and the ease of dealing with Burris should the rare need arise, the excellence of design and construction and the price put the Fast Fire at the top of the class, IMO. Gil

Lilly001

I like red dots for rapid acquisition and close range. Scopes are more accurate at longer range.
For turkey, on a shotgun, I would go a red dot. And the FF3 is a good one.

frankwright

FF3 or Vortex Venom are both good optics. I have used them both on shotguns, rifles and pistols. They have the same mounting foot print so the mounts are interchangable.
I have had really good deals from Sport Optics USA

BASS1FUN

I’ve got red dots on all of my turkey guns except my single shot 10ga. I went to them because I got tired of shooting limbs I couldn’t see, even though they aren’t magnified it helps you get on them quickly

GADAWGS

I have several different red dot style sights, FFIIs, Redhead, EoTech and the SigSauer Romeo 5. I am really liking the Romeo 5

Buckman18

Ive got scopes on both my turkey guns, but Im going to put tru glo sights on one of them and remove the scope.

Swamprat

Swamprat
For my 410 project debating between the Venom or FF3 but starting to lean to the FF3

chrislibby88

I’ve been running a Bushnell TRS-25 for two seasons. Handles recoil, battery life is good, though I am pretty good about cutting it off between hunts. I usually put a new battery in at the beginning on every season. It does require a pic/weaver rail, but it mounts very low, so you get a good cheek weld. I’ve got a trijicon battery free reflex on the shotgun now, but I may swap back to the Bushnell before the season.

sowgabuckstalker

I gotta do something. I should have easily tagged out last year but I missed 2 different times :( had not missed before so I gotta change something up lol thanks again and bring on turkey season!