reporting in....

Pneumothorax

So close!!

I hunted the same stand as yesterday - over some muscadines. No morning, just afternoon. The first one to come out was a spotted fawn all by itself at around 6:15. It fed along very slowly 35 yards out. Mental note: I need to get a camera arm. The next one was a big doe about 90 yards out acting skittish. Later, a doe and a fawn ran past about 100 yards out. At about 7:15pm two nice does and two fawns creep in and start feeding. The bigger doe and two fawns were slowly feeding towards a shooting lane at 18 yards. The other doe was between us and protected by cover. It looked like the bigger doe was about to head through my lane so I started to draw. Nope, it stopped to feed some more. I eased back down. It starts walking again, I start to draw again, if stops again, I ease back down again. And it happens a third time. Finally, it's two steps away from the opening I had cut. It's feeding, I'm ready to draw, the closer doe is about 10 yards away still covered by leaves and branches but about to step into the open. Then the big doe looks up right at me!! Crap!! I'm frozen like a statue, holding the bow ready to draw, and the big doe starts doing the "Oh no you didn't" head bob. The other three don't have a clue and keep slurping muscadines. "C'mon, I'm just a clump of leaves up here. Nothing to be alarmed about." Nope, 'ol nanny was too smart for that. After a 30 second staring contest, she whirled and ran and the others scattered too. Nothing came by after that except a rabbit. I thought it was a sure thing but that doe busted me big time. Now it's personal!

Attachments

• 09-13-09 005.jpg
    09-13-09 005.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 437
  • 09-13-09 006.jpg
    09-13-09 006.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 442

mitchell9240

I went this afternoon nice overcast day didnt see anything in my stand but my buddy had a doe creep up on him. he got busted...

lowndes county boy

FishinMech

Well i can tell yall i went to move stands at 1300 and we are pulling into the property and there is a yearling at 40 yrds and the bow is in the case behind the seat. Then me and my bud go and looked at a ridge i have wanted to hunt and at the bottom there is a deer think its a buck but couldnt see that good at 1345 then we go to look at another spot and see another one time 1430 turned around and started to look for a tree and yellow jacket nest got stung in the arm on the back side of it and almost got stung in the head but got it off in time. So needless to say i didnt like that ridge so that is my day of seeing while im not in the woods with my bow.

ALL4HUNTIN

Will post a few videos, and a pic of a MONSTER... Walked in at 6am and he walked by 3 hours before me on the same camers..... Will post when I get home.

Gadget

Good opener!

Killed a 2.5yr old doe Saturday afternoon, looked to be slow start in Crawford county though, mine was the first deer checked in to Silver Bullet cooler this year. Saw 12 on that hunt, 3 bucks, 3 fawns, 6 does, passed on the bucks, 2 were yearlings(1.5 yrs old) 4 and 6pt, other was a 2.5 yr old 8 pt.

Saw deer on every hunt, Sunday afternoon saw a mature 4.5yr old 8pt, will be setup on him next time I go down. Jim(turkeyhuntinfool) killed a doe Sunday afternoon. There were only three deer in the cooler after we dropped his off Sunday night, two were ours.

Last edited:

Gadget

forgot to mention......

the food was good too,

here is the low country boil from Saturday night, had 1/2 bushel of fresh Louisiana oysters too. Friday was Kingfish steaks we caught in Jupiter Florida, Sunday Ribeyes..............:D

Last edited:

hoghunter2009

miss a hog at 6:45 at 8:30 miss nice 8 pt 4 year old at lest bow fall last night did not have time to shoot never do that any more:banginghehttp://74.54.61.131/images/smilies

Curtis-UGA

Had a 2.5 year old 8 pt under my stand Tuesday evening. Came out at 7:19 stayed around till dark. Good hunt. He got the first "let'em grow" pass of the season!

come on sat! i checked cam n did a lil scout and tons of tracks n fresh droppings 30 yrds behind stand....trimmed a few lanes n now just waitin on opportunity..COME ON SAT!

FishinMech

Nothing in Paulding all week going in the am try to get a slick head.

doublelungdriller

doe down yesterday

can't hunt today way to much rain.

killed this doe yesterday at 7:15pm

Attachments

• 101_0902 (600 x 452).jpg
    101_0902 (600 x 452).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 320

Gadget

Good weekend for deer movement, saw around 30 deer over Friday and Saturday, had 12 different deer at 20 yds or less............ gave them all a pass.

Red oaks and Water oaks dropping, whites haven't started yet.

Here are some pics from the stand...........just a camera phone, so pics aren't too good.

SSPX0038.jpg

SSPX0032.jpg

SSPX0016-1.jpg

SSPX0037.jpg

SSPX0035.jpg

SSPX0010.jpg

SSPX0039.jpg

SSPX0036.jpg

Last edited: