Savage Axis II?

ssramage

Looking for feedback on this rifle. My brother in law has one in .308 that he bought 3 or 4 years ago and maybe shot 5 times. He's looking to sell it and offered it to me, but I know nothing about them and have never owned/shot a Savage.

Thoughts?

biggdogg

I've got one in .350 Legend and I love it. It's a very handy, accurate no-frills rifle. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

BeerThirty

I would look at it first to determine if the build and quality is up to your liking, especially if it's a synthetic stock.

I took a hard look at the Axis about 5 years ago when shopping for my son's first rifle and was not impressed. Maybe they've updated in recent years. Not saying it's a bad rifle, but it looked and felt "cheap". Probably one of those situations where I judged the book by its cover.

FlipKing

My kids have one. Very accurate. Light weight. Not super refined but solid rifle

ssramage

I would look at it first to determine if the build and quality is up to your liking, especially if it's a synthetic stock.

I took a hard look at the Axis about 5 years ago when shopping for my son's first rifle and was not impressed. Maybe they've updated in recent years. Not saying it's a bad rifle, but it looked and felt "cheap". Probably one of those situations where I judged the book by its cover.

I actually was with him when he bought it but didn't look at it too seriously. It seems like I remember having the same feeling about the stock. This wouldn't be my primary rifle, but was thinking of it more as a loaner/backup/truck gun.

FlipKing

I actually was with him when he bought it but didn't look at it too seriously. It seems like I remember having the same feeling about the stock. This wouldn't be my primary rifle, but was thinking of it more as a loaner/backup/truck gun.

It's definitely cheap. But probably the most accurate and best trigger in a sub $400 rifle. Recoil is a bit stout due to the light weight and cheaper stock.

Jim Boyd

IMO it is def not a guarantee but highly probable to be accurate.

Savage is good that way.

Work out a fair deal and make everyone happy.

If troubled by the stock, get a replacement. Boyd’s are nice.

Trigger is easy to modify and they get scary good once done. AccuTrigger is not bad even w/o mods.

I would expect 1.5 MOA and quite possibly even better.

Bobby Bigtime

We bought one of our daughters one in 308 about four years ago.it is an absolute tack driver and not ammo picky at all. Very impressed especially for the price.

Bowyer29

Looking for feedback on this rifle. My brother in law has one in .308 that he bought 3 or 4 years ago and maybe shot 5 times. He's looking to sell it and offered it to me, but I know nothing about them and have never owned/shot a Savage.

Thoughts?
Fantastic rifles, I would own another in a minute.

Jim Boyd

Jim Boyd

7C46DAC3-9538-4D5F-BD36-6F2C73FE8B10.png

• Wow
Reactions: Dub

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !