Scent to attract game

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
OK so I got my tc out in the woods, had it out two weeks and got nothing:mad:

I cannot bait since its public land. I also cant put it anywhere too obvious, so it is somewhat hidden, but in a place where there definitely is traffic..........I sprayed some Buck bomb Doe Estrus out there.....but am having no luck. Any ideas?

Still searching for my first PL TC Photo........

7Mag Hunter

Kildees Brew ?????

Never used it, but it is on my bucket list to make a couple gallons
before fall......
Recipe as I understand it:

Puree 2 apples and put in gallon milk jug....
add 1 cup plain household (unscented) ammonia....
P (yes P) in jug till 3/4 full and loosely cover for 1 week....

Gets rather strong as I understand it, so might be best to keep
outside.......FYI....Don't tell your wife what you are doing, as she
will surely think you have wigged out.......

Mine does/////////////////

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Kildees Brew ?????

Never used it, but it is on my bucket list to make a couple gallons
before fall......
Recipe as I understand it:

Puree 2 apples and put in gallon milk jug....
add 1 cup plain household (unscented) ammonia....
P (yes P) in jug till 3/4 full and loosely cover for 1 week....

Gets rather strong as I understand it, so might be best to keep
outside.......FYI....Don't tell your wife what you are doing, as she
will surely think you have wigged out.......

Mine does/////////////////

I have heard of it before, but Never woulda thunk thats what its made of:rofl:

7Mag Hunter

:rofl:
I have heard of it before, but Never woulda thunk thats what its made of:rofl:

Yeah....Told my wife to save 3-4 milk jugs with screw
lids, and next shopping trip to bring home apples.....She
said ..OK......
Then I asked if we have unscented ammonia ??????

She asked what I needed all that for,,,,,,and I told her,,,,,,

Can't repeat exactly what she said, but she just kinda rolled
her eyes and walked away shaking her head......
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

280bst

And it ain't even April Fools Day yet :biggrin3:

Jim Boyd

The brew works... but maybe not right now...

Little late for the brew to work (yes, it does work... and well) but I would focus on trails, where trails come together, inside corners of fields, cover edge (e.g. where hard and soft woods come together) and places like that.

They may still be checking old scrapes but I doubt they are seeking or making new ones. I can be wrong, though!

Best of luck...

Jim

Attachments

• Fake Scrape - 107.jpg
    Fake Scrape - 107.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 882

jimboknows

if you are scouting and not hunting...then you could "spill" some of the granulated bagged deer attractant at any sporting store...they are clearanced as low as $5 a bag now and are usually ground rice bran flavored w/salt. Or just put out a couple of pounds of trace mineral salt and mix it in with the dirt...they will find it if it is anywhere near trails or activity.

GA DAWG

Put it on a trail in the pines right now.

kc65

in a 2 gallon garden sprayer mix 32 oz vanilla extract (avail. at sams in gallon jugs) top off with water and spray liberally around your setup. they will come and come fast..

jonjon528

"Corn juice" out of canned kernel corn tends to work in my back yard. It's useless if you put it out right before a rain.

pnome

I cannot bait since its public land. I also cant put it anywhere too obvious, so it is somewhat hidden, but in a place where there definitely is traffic..........I sprayed some Buck bomb Doe Estrus out there.....but am having no luck. Any ideas?

Ooooooo I'll keep my eye out for that when I'm out there tomorrow so I can pose for your first PL TC photo. ;)

Killdee

I doubt the juice would help much now. Find a honey locust tree, they still holding pods and deer love em. And do try the vanilla extract. A wore out creek crossing is a good place.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Put it on a trail in the pines right now.

It looks like Spaghetti Junction:D:D

Ooooooo I'll keep my eye out for that when I'm out there tomorrow so I can pose for your first PL TC photo.

I'd Be honored:cheers:

I am gonna write my name on it next time out........

Btw-I was carrying some of Charlies Catfish bait in my right hand and I stumbled right in front of the camera. I might have gotten a lil on tree in front of the TC as I was catching my fall.....dont remember:rolleyes:

:pop2:

GA DAWG

Take a jar of p-nut butter and accidently spill it all over the side of a tree :D

Brianf

Had a guy in a club with me that swore by the peanut butter thing. Never tried it but he said it worked

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I doubt the juice would help much now. Find a honey locust tree, they still holding pods and deer love em. And do try the vanilla extract. A wore out creek crossing is a good place.

I have never seen one of them at Pinelog....I Googled them so I think I know what to keep my eyes peeled for.....They got them big ole nasty thorns right?
I saw the other TC Photos with the Deer chewing on them...............looked like they were smoking cigars:bounce:

I went Tuesday and put it on Video..............

Killdee

I have never seen one of them at Pinelog....I Googled them so I think I know what to keep my eyes peeled for.....They got them big ole nasty thorns right?
I saw the other TC Photos with the Deer chewing on them...............looked like they were smoking cigars:bounce:

I went Tuesday and put it on Video..............

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=734620

Heres 1 on my property, yeah they real thorny.

shakey gizzard

;)

Get ya some squatch in estrous!