SD cards

ssmith

Tried to erase on my computer but comes up write protected . What can you do, is it a wrong sd card I am using in my trail camera

GeorgeShu

Did you check to see if the little slider on the left side is in the “up” position?
Down write protects, up frees it.

kbuck1

I have had that happen and the lock be in the correct position. I think it gets trash in it or something. I ended up throwing it away

Davexx1

In the past I have bumped the switch to the locked position when inserting the card. After that happened, I took all of my SD cards, put the slide switch in the "up" unlocked position and then put a small piece of clear cellophane tape on it to hold it in place. No problemo since.

Dave

Last edited:

Deerhead

I had that happen when I was using a Canon camera as a viewer. So I put the SD card back in the trail camera and was able to erase the pictures. It worked fine after erasing all the pictures.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This^^^ let the camera delete the photos

bany

Yep on erasing with the cam, and good info on that lock switch

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I really don't understand why other people are having these type problems.

I DO HAVE PROBABLY MORE CAMERAS IN THE WOODS THAT MOST ANYONE. EVERYONE OF THEM IS WILDGAME INNOVATIONS CAMERAS AS THEY HAVE WORKED EXCELLENT FOR ME FOR ALL OF THESE YEARS. I HAVE PURCHASED A TOTAL OF 86 WGI CAMERAS OVER THESE YEARS AND I HAVE TESTED MOST EVERY FEATURE ON EVERY ONE OF THEM TO SEE JUST WHICH SETTINGS WILL WORK TO THE MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. IN FACT, I REACHED A MILESTONE DURING 2018 AS I NOW HAVE OVER 1,000,000 PHOTOS THAT WERE ALL MADE ON WGI CAMERAS. I ALSO HAVE A HECK OF A LIBRARY OF PHOTOS AS SUCH

I have about 120 SANDISK Memory Cards (about 10% are 4 GB, Class 4 rating and 90% are 8 GB, Class 4 rating) and all of these are used on pretty much a weekly basis and are swapped out (with the same two exact cards for that particular location trail camera from week to week to week etc).

Each week when I swap out the cards, I take out the used card and replace it with the replacement card and I then take the "used" card for that particular camera location back home and I upload every photo from each designated card each week. The camera location and the date are noted on each card on the day that I pull them and upload them. Just from January 1, 2018 until December 6, 2018 when I suffered an accident on my property that day that ultimately included two fractured bones in my right foot and a torn Medial Meniscus in my right knee as well. Because of that, I have NOT been able to visit my property since that day. During those 11 months plus in 2018, I had a total of 167,866 photos that were uploaded as such. I have done this with ONLY SANDISK cards for close to 9 years now AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM AS SUCH WITH ANY OF THESE CARDS.

I DO NOT use any type of viewer while in the woods over all of these years as I ONLY upload onto my computer at home. I do have a certain format in uploading photos and making sure that they are identified as a certain camera location including the correct date of uploading these.

I HAVE TO HAVE A VERY CLEAR MIND WHEN I PERFORM THIS TASK AND NOT HAVE ANY INTERRUPTIONS ETC AS IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW EXACTLY WHICH FUNCTION IS HAPPENING AND KNOW EXACTLY WHEN TO ERASE EVERY PHOTO FROM EACH CARD AND ULTIMATELY DELETE THAT FROM EACH CARD EACH WEEK SO THAT I CAN RETURN THAT CARD BACK INTO THE WOODS FOR THAT CAMERA THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND. I REVIEW EVERY PHOTO AND DECIDE WHICH PHOTOS TO KEEP AND ALSO WHICH ONES SHOULD BE DELETED AND NOT KEPT IN A FILE TAKING UP SPACE ON MY COMPUTER AS SUCH TOO. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO HAVE A GOOD EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE FOR THIS TYPE ENDEAVOR.

Thankfully, I am fortunate to have a fantastic library of great photos over all of these years.

bany

I was always erasing pics on the card on a laptop. Maybe it was the new laptop but suddenly the cards where junk. Also tried a regular camera and they were still junk. Talked to moultrie and they were very particular about erasing on the cam. So I download and return to cam in field to erase,so far so good.

rosewood

I do the same thing as Eagle Eye. I have 2 cards for each cam and I swap them out each visit, take home and transfer the cards to either computer or usb drive and delete off card. Rarely have card issues. I can say over the years, I can think of about 2 SD cards that have quit on me and they were used across several platforms in their lifespan. So they do go bad on occasion.

Rosewood

SRShunter

I like
I really don't understand why other people are having these type problems.

I DO HAVE PROBABLY MORE CAMERAS IN THE WOODS THAT MOST ANYONE. EVERYONE OF THEM IS WILDGAME INNOVATIONS CAMERAS AS THEY HAVE WORKED EXCELLENT FOR ME FOR ALL OF THESE YEARS. I HAVE PURCHASED A TOTAL OF 86 WGI CAMERAS OVER THESE YEARS AND I HAVE TESTED MOST EVERY FEATURE ON EVERY ONE OF THEM TO SEE JUST WHICH SETTINGS WILL WORK TO THE MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. IN FACT, I REACHED A MILESTONE DURING 2018 AS I NOW HAVE OVER 1,000,000 PHOTOS THAT WERE ALL MADE ON WGI CAMERAS. I ALSO HAVE A HECK OF A LIBRARY OF PHOTOS AS SUCH

I have about 120 SANDISK Memory Cards (about 10% are 4 GB, Class 4 rating and 90% are 8 GB, Class 4 rating) and all of these are used on pretty much a weekly basis and are swapped out (with the same two exact cards for that particular location trail camera from week to week to week etc).

Each week when I swap out the cards, I take out the used card and replace it with the replacement card and I then take the "used" card for that particular camera location back home and I upload every photo from each designated card each week. The camera location and the date are noted on each card on the day that I pull them and upload them. Just from January 1, 2018 until December 6, 2018 when I suffered an accident on my property that day that ultimately included two fractured bones in my right foot and a torn Medial Meniscus in my right knee as well. Because of that, I have NOT been able to visit my property since that day. During those 11 months plus in 2018, I had a total of 167,866 photos that were uploaded as such. I have done this with ONLY SANDISK cards for close to 9 years now AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM AS SUCH WITH ANY OF THESE CARDS.

I DO NOT use any type of viewer while in the woods over all of these years as I ONLY upload onto my computer at home. I do have a certain format in uploading photos and making sure that they are identified as a certain camera location including the correct date of uploading these.

I HAVE TO HAVE A VERY CLEAR MIND WHEN I PERFORM THIS TASK AND NOT HAVE ANY INTERRUPTIONS ETC AS IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW EXACTLY WHICH FUNCTION IS HAPPENING AND KNOW EXACTLY WHEN TO ERASE EVERY PHOTO FROM EACH CARD AND ULTIMATELY DELETE THAT FROM EACH CARD EACH WEEK SO THAT I CAN RETURN THAT CARD BACK INTO THE WOODS FOR THAT CAMERA THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND. I REVIEW EVERY PHOTO AND DECIDE WHICH PHOTOS TO KEEP AND ALSO WHICH ONES SHOULD BE DELETED AND NOT KEPT IN A FILE TAKING UP SPACE ON MY COMPUTER AS SUCH TOO. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO HAVE A GOOD EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE FOR THIS TYPE ENDEAVOR.

Thankfully, I am fortunate to have a fantastic library of great photos over all of these years.
I love my wgi cameras too. Man I bet you have some awesome pictures!!!! Sounds like you take this stuff very serious