Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No , I do not have see thrus

Votes: 35 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Label Dawg

Flat mount.

As close to the bore as you can get.
Only one of my rifles came with iron sights and the first thing I did was take them off.

Handgunner

No see throughs on the guns I have...

See-thru's only belong on two guns. Marlin 30-30's and Remington 742 Woodsmaster's... You know the original Jam-O-matic! :D:D

Other than that, get that scope as close to that barrel as you can. On my guns, the scope is just a playing cards width from the barrel.

H

HT2

M C....

I use to have them on my rifle but, I can't hit the ground shootin' with iron sights.....

I did away with mine all together....

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

MCBUCK

Delton said:
No see throughs on the guns I have...

See-thru's only belong on two guns. Marlin 30-30's and Remington 742 Woodsmaster's... You know the original Jam-O-matic! :D:D

Other than that, get that scope as close to that barrel as you can. On my guns, the scope is just a playing cards width from the barrel.
Jam-o-matic :bounce: :bounce: Thats funny :p :bounce: :D
You have to be a pure bolt man.

Handgunner

MCBUCK said:
Jam-o-matic :bounce: :bounce: Thats funny :p :bounce: :D
You have to be a pure bolt man.

On my rifles, yes. :D

Shotguns, I could care less... ::huh: :clap:

Guy

See thrus are garbage. At least that's what every gunsmith I talk to says.

If I needed something for fast target acquisition with a little power I would use a fixed power red dot with a reticle.

MCBUCK

Results!!

Well, it is as I suspected and most (71%) of you boys do prefer to properly mount a scope flush with or as close as possible to your bore. The other 28% of respondebts have found a use for the elevated "see thru scope mounts".
I was curious to see how many hunters hunted in the "thick stuff" . Could be a trend there. I was also curious to see how many hunters thought the thread was concerning undergarments too.