sidearm

dturnersr

I carry one when im bow hunting, gun hunting, duck hunting, fishing, cutting the grass, and pretty much any off duty activity. heck i carry a back up when im on duty as well. all because iv seen a bunch of bad things happen to good people and i know what people are capable of doing when they want your stuff or are high on some kind of drug/alcohol. im not taking any chances. just my .02

^^^^^^^this....always :clap:

BlackEagle

Banned
Always carry.

The day we were charged by a 300lb wounded boar was the day I said I'll never go in the woods without one again. It's saved me from tusks more than once since then too.

jimboknows

G20. Why take a chance that some north Georgia tweaked thinks it would be easier to try to take something from me than to work for it And then my special needs son don't have a father. Not me

Hunting 4 Him

How would using your pistol keep you from getting "hit by a cottonmouth"? If you see it then stay away from it and you won't get "hit" and if you don't see it until after it hits you then the pistol wouldn't have made any difference anyway.

You can finish off a deer with your bow just fine.

Shooting something that is actually attacking you (sow with pigs) may be different but is not what the law allowing sidearm carry is intended for...self defense from a person is why they allow it.

Self defense is self defense...period! It doesn't matter who or what is intending to do you harm. It would be easy to articulate your justification shooting an attacking hog with a pistol during archery season.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm carring my A R. wid nite vison & silencer. Them Bad guys won't know what hit them while I'm bow hunten.

knightcustomworks

As much as I dislike snakes, I see no reason to kill them while I'm hunting. The way I see it, I'm in their house. Now in my yard, that's a different story.

Jed Johnson

I kill a Rattler every so often to eat. I let way more slide from encounters. Maybe 1 a year hits the grill if hes the right size. As mentioned above carrying a handgun for a snake is nearly useless. Its like a band-aid after the fact to get revenge or maybe pro active herd control lol. If hes got you hes got you. If you spot him and he don't have you, you can move. If super close enough to strike you best not move for the handgun. As far as carrying in the woods "just to carry" is the best reason. I don't need a snake, yote or a pig to force that. Im a free man.

Brewskis

This thread was what got me to thinking last year that a .22LR or 9mm with snake shot wouldn't be a bad idea to have on hand. I've never had such an encounter, but seems several people have. I think I'd have to know that a venomous snake found in my stand or climbing a nearby tree while in the stand was no longer a possible threat if I were to continue hunting in that location.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=776592

Glockit

Yes absolutely, I carry a Glock 20 10mm in a tactical shoulder rig. Loaded with 180 grain Underwood Gold Dots or 220 grain Hardcast for 2 and 4 legged problems. I have a backup mag (15) with cci .40 snake shot. Expect peace and tranquility but prepare for otherwise :).