Snake boots ???

Hillbilly stalker

I can't find much of anything in stock so I'm going with the Lacross 4x Alphas while I keep shopping. My Lacross (non-snakeproof) were worn out and leaking anyway.
Those Lacrosse 4X are absolutely the worst snake boot I’ve ever had. They are a killer to pull on and off. If you have to buy them, buy a boot jack and keep it in the truck. They are super tight around the ankles. I blew the back out of mine right above the heel cap in 2 years. That’s where all the pressure is applied when you put them on or off. If you carry a extra pair of socks with you and change socks the minute before you pull them on, life will be so much easier for you. I hated those boots. I would personally keep shopping, I found several online Tuesday. The Lacrosse Agility is a much more comfortable boot if you can find one. That’s what I bought and really like them.

Reactions: Dub

earlthegoat2

@Hillbilly stalker

I use LaCrosse 4x for the last 3 years. They are great for ramming around. I was surprised how well they work for long walks and all day comfort.

But you are 100% correct about taking them off. I think they are getting worse every time.

Dub

Still looking around for a pair.

Needing 14 Wide sure limits options.

Saw a pair on Amazon....never heard of the brand before. Thorogood ?

The side zipper and pull handles sure seem like great features....but the reviews were spotty.

The hunt continues.

71-pdQ4froL._AC_UY695_.jpg

EDIT:

BAMSUCKA !!!!!!!

I may just be in bidness.

There is a somewhat-local business that opened today after a long weekend.

Just called them and spoke to a really helpful gal in their boot department....she checked and they have the Sasquatch-sized snake boots from Georgia Boot, Danner and Chippewa (y)(y)(y)

It'll be a short drive there from work tomorrow afternoon and be able to try 'em on and see what's what.

Thanks for all the insight.

I'll update with results.

I sure don't want to get bit. :rofl:

Last edited:

jrickman

I can't find much of anything in stock so I'm going with the Lacross 4x Alphas while I keep shopping. My Lacross (non-snakeproof) were worn out and leaking anyway.

I've got about 8 miles on these now in two trips with around 1500 feet of elevation change, and other than being a tad hot for this time of year, I can't really complain much. I wouldn't say I'm very happy with them, but they are alright. They do have more support around the foot and ankle than what I have come to expect from other similar style boots, but they are NOT hiking boots by any stretch. Side hilling is not terrible, but any straight descent on a slope will have your toes jammed up and you'll be missing having some laces and stiff leather. Once you get the soles scuffed up a bit they are pretty sticky for stream crossings on rocks, and they have enough lug that if you have some laurel or ivy to help you up, you can dig in and skip the side hilling and billy goat a hill with some degree of confidence. They are a little hard to get on and off as several have said. For the money, they are decent and will get the job done for me at least for this year.

7Mag Hunter

Redhead for me...about 6 yr now..still waterproof...stiff when new but very comfy after broken in, and great ankle support on uneven terrain....pain to lace up but very comforting in tall grass/brush ...would buy them again ..

CaptKeith

I went with hiking boots and Turtleskins Gaiters. Comfortable and practical.

Mexican Squealer

Wouldn’t trade my Chippewa’s for any other boot...farming crawfish and managing for waterfowl puts me amongst the crawlers all the time. I have or have had many of the boots mentioned. My Chippewas are heavy but sure make you feel protected.

Sargent

I bought a pair of Rocky side zips before their quality started waning. The only issue I had was that the insoles were uncomfortable after a season or two. I replaced them with some premium insoles and have worn them for 13-14 years.