Snake Boots?

Hillbilly stalker

Do any of these boots offer a guarantee? Like a pay your hospital bill guarantee?

This is the last Paragraph of Lacrosses Snake boot warranty. You have to open the "See more" window to find it tho :eek: I would assume other companies have something similar.

Warning: Snake Boot.
LaCrosse makes no warranty that its snake boots are impenetrable against every snake bite, as no snake boot is 100% snake proof. There are serious dangers and risks in being in an environment with snakes and you should not rely upon the snake boot as providing complete protection against all snake bites. You should use extreme caution in any environment with snakes, and avoid all confrontations with snakes, to insure your personal safety. You are, in wearing LaCrosse's snake boot in a snake environment, assuming all risks and damages arising therefrom, including all risk of injury or death from a bite while wearing the snake boot, and LaCrosse shall have no liability with respect thereto.

Bucaramus

Only one I ever knew of that did was Continental Tyrolean, but that was back in the early to mid 1970s. I remember filling out the paperwork that came with them and sending it back to the company. $10,000 and they paid the hospital bill or your funeral expenses. That was the first pair that I owned, and you can rest assured that I tested them. As I continue to do with every pair I`ve owned since then.
Which ones do you trust your life with?

Addicted to Antlers

I am wondering from those going with Turtleskin gaiters - are you not worried about your toe area and front boot? Gaiters only cover from ankle up.

jbarron

BANNED
After a close encounter with a monster timber rattler, I purchased Irish Setter snake boots. Unless it's really cold, I don't go to the woods without them. They're much lighter and cooler than the rubber boots I used to wear.

CaptKeith

I am wondering from those going with Turtleskin gaiters - are you not worried about your toe area and front boot? Gaiters only cover from ankle up.
I am using their gaiters, and I don’t worry about the toes and top of the boot since they are much thicker than pamts, socks, etc. I really like them. Comfortable and effective.

earlthegoat2

I use Lacrosse Alpha rubber snake boots. No encounters yet.

I put a high arch insole in mine and they are not perfect but we’re comfortable enough for a 3+ mile tromp around my property the other day.

I routinely use them for such types of hunting as well. I like the rubber since I find myself wading through water nearly always.

Bigbook

After a close encounter with a monster timber rattler, I purchased Irish Setter snake boots. Unless it's really cold, I don't go to the woods without them. They're much lighter and cooler than the rubber boots I used to wear.
Hopefully they are holding up. Im looking hard at those irish. and with my size boot 12 ee. Its hard to find other than at redwing. 220 bucks. , butvwith the cost of antivenom iv. Its cheap

jbarron

BANNED
Hopefully they are holding up. Im looking hard at those irish. and with my size boot 12 ee. Its hard to find other than at redwing. 220 bucks. , butvwith the cost of antivenom iv. Its cheap

I've worn them for two deer / turkey seasons and they're great. I'm happy with the purchase and would buy again.