Spam calls

crackerdave

Hòw can I stop these excessive spam calls?
Blocking them doesn't help...it's like the whack-a-mole game!

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
If you don't recognize the #, don't answer. If it IS important and legitimate, they'll leave a message. Eventually your # drops as "inactive" on their lists and they stop wasting time calling it.

Unless I'm expecting a call from a # I might not recognize I never answer. Needless to say I never(VERY rarely) get spam calls and don't answer then even to "punk" the caller.

Whitefeather

Management Material
If you don't recognize the #, don't answer. If it IS important and legitimate, they'll leave a message. Eventually your # drops as "inactive" on their lists and they stop wasting time calling it.

Unless I'm expecting a call from a # I might not recognize I never answer. Needless to say I never(VERY rarely) get spam calls and don't answer then even to "punk" the caller.
Exactly what DD said. If you answer a call from a number you don’t recognize then it goes into a data base of active numbers.

If you don’t answer it, then it thinks it’s an inactive number and it will cease.

If you don’t recognize it then don’t answer it. I’ve had this same discussion with my elderly in-laws for years. They would constantly answer the phone regardless of the number and used to get 30-40 calls a day. I finally convinced them to stop answering it and it’s down to 1-2 calls a day now.
If it’s important they will leave a message

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly what DD said. If you answer a call from a number you don’t recognize then it goes into a data base of active numbers.

If you don’t answer it, then it thinks it’s an inactive number and it will cease.

If you don’t recognize it then don’t answer it. I’ve had this same discussion with my elderly in-laws for years. They would constantly answer the phone regardless of the number and used to get 30-40 calls a day. I finally convinced them to stop answering it and it’s down to 1-2 calls a day now.
If it’s important they will leave a message
I never answer them, and they still keep calling and leaving voicemails. My loan application still needs some more information.

sinclair1

I don’t answer them. I don’t get many but a few have been leaving messages for years.
I made the mistake of using my cell number on my business license.

naildrvr

I'm glad that has worked for you. I've had up to 53 calls a day. I bet I've had at least 30 today. I listened to 18 voicemails this morning and only 2 were legit, the rest were spam.

livetohunt

I set my android phone up on "do not disturb". Then I select contacts only. If someone important calls that is not in your contacts, then they can leave a voicemail. Spammers almost never leave a voicemail. I get 15-20 spam calls per day, and it's been going on for about 4 months.

Redbow

I put the pound sign tone on them and they hang up quickly if it is a live person. The robo calls I just hold the phone until they go away. We only had one robo call yesterday and no live calls and I am talking about our landline not cell. I like hearing them on the answering machine saying, hello, hello, are you there?