Spam calls

Tight Lines

Ok...sorry.

Only got a 2 star rating.Think I'll pass,but thanks.
Not sure where the 2 star rating you reference is coming from but I've used it since it launched on my cell and landline...works great...love it.

You can also add your numbers to the Do Not Call list...

TJay

I filed a complaint with the FCC this morning. The last two mornings I've been getting a call just after 8am that id's as Atlanta Northeast. We get tons of calls all the time but it really irritates me when it's before 9am. I answered this morning thinking it could possibly be a doctors office as they are not shy about calling early. I answered the phone and an automated voice said hello? I said nothing and about five seconds later another automated hello and then it disconnected. I doubt it will do anything but it may be interesting to see what transpires.

bullgator

I did something like that to some carpet flyer one night, and then hung up on him. He called me back and started talking about my mother!
These scam telemarketers don’t even know the number they’re talking to and can’t call back if they wanted to. A machine robodials for them and they don’t even pickup until the machine tells they have a live one on the line.
Sometimes I use an Indian accent and tell them my name is Patel.

westcobbdog

Got a call yesterday from Atl police dept, saying I was in trouble for not responding to federal jury duty summons. Told him he was full of "shaving cream" and the dude hung up on me. Would like to see these people throat punched. About half my office got the same call.

DannyW

Thanks @sinclair1! I just applied your "fix" and it has already worked. They did not leave a message.

For those that are having a hard time locating...I have an iPhone 12 and I found it under SETTINGS>PHONE>SILENCE UNKNOWN CALLERS.

trial&error

I kept my old number from 10 yrs ago with a different area code. Since they spoof the numbers to pretend they are local I just screen every number from the old area code.

GeorgiaBob

"Fraud Investigations, Sgt. Adams, how can I help you?"

If I am not expecting a call but the number seems familiar, that answer either gets a quick hang up or an apologetic caller I can question to determine whether they have a legit reason to call me.