Team 14 Role Call

hoppie

Yeah I am taking my buddy. I called up 5 gobbling jakes yesterday morning. He had a tough shot and missed at 40 yards(never killed a bird). Then moved to another spot to reposition made one call and a big bird hammered within 125 yards. Next thing I know he is in full strut 40 yards out front, but behind a tree to my buddy. He kept strutting and gobbling, but hens left and he walked straight away with tree between him and my buddy. No shot, but it was an awesome morning.

WOODS N WATER

took my father in law this weekend and had one hang up saturday morning at 75 yards in a clearing and some hens on the the other side of him won the call off. Sunday morning I called in a yote with in 5 steps. Scared the living day lights out of me because i never him come in. Just all of a sudden he turns up in my scan over my left shoulder. :eek: :eek:that's what we both looked like i'm sure. He took off and before i could get the first shot off he was at 30 35 yds. I had to of hit him because he did a back flip, but he got back up and ran off. That pretty much killed the morning... didn't hear a peep.

donblfihu

My cable line has been down for 3 days charter just can't get it right. Went saturday got busted by a roosted bird down at the creek, thought we heard another but never could locate him after we climbed the hill. We called, running one ridge then on to another with no gobbles. Then came upon two dead jakes with no heads, and figured this explains no gobbling. Sunday morning went to another spot heard a few gobbles as he went the other way. Called in a hen cutting at us and couldn't believe what I saw a white hen. Going in the morning, shawn's in the bahamas.

georgiabuckbuster

wow sounds like you guys are staying pretty busy i took a friend of mine saturday and he killed a two year old that i had hunted one time before but hogs messed me up 8 inch beard with .5 inch spurs and we went again this morning but the only gobbles we heard were on the other side of the property line. Im supposed to be taking a lawyer hunting this weekend hope it works out never know when you might need him haha

donblfihu

Need some help team got the quota hunt at river creek and don't know anything about the place, other than it's supposed to be best wma in the state. Can anyone point me in the right direction, how the birds are acting, etc. Call with the info, I'll pm you with my no.

donblfihu

Got my third bird today nice 1 5/16" spurs with 10" & 4 1/2" double beard 7 more points for the team I'll get the pictures later. Only bad thing about it is I'm done in georgia and lost the chance to hunt river creek.

donblfihu

3rd bird

team 14 - Got #3 at 7:35 heard him gobbling on the roost as I worked my way around the ridge top to him and got set up just before he flew down. After he hit the ground about 200 yards away down in the valley he gobbled nonstop double and triple gobbling without me making a call. Sounded like he was real lonely, with me thinking what call to send his way to convince him to climb that hill for a little love. I let loose with some cutting on the pot call and he must have gobbled 7 or 8 times I gave him another round and got the same response. Got the gun up to my shoulder knees up and the barrel aimed his direction, the bird shut up and I figured he was headed my way. I sit there for about 15 minutes and hear nothing from this bird but can hear another bird gobbling in the distance. I decide to make another call so I give him a yelp with the mouth call not wanting to move not knowing where he was and thinking he ought to be close and got nothing. I pick up the pot call and give him another cutt and get nothing again, now I'm still hearing the other bird gobbling but I tell myself to give him some time he's on his way up that hill. About another 5 minutes has passed and I hear the fffftttt vrrrooommm of the strutting tom looking for that hen up on the ridge. He's behind some briars moving to the right and just as he breaks into the opening I make the last move and drop him at 25 yards with a load of nitro. What a great ending to a great season here in georgia, now I'm ready to travel just can't get enough got to go somewhere and get some more.

Attachments

• 101_0775.jpg
    101_0775.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 101_0789.jpg
    101_0789.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 101_0784.jpg
    101_0784.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 101_0763.jpg
    101_0763.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

WOODS N WATER

Awesome!!!!!! just what we need bonus points... Congrats on a nice bird:cool::yeah::bounce::banana::cheers:

shawn mills

OK fellas, I'm home from the trip and its time to get back to the woods! Good bird donblfihu! I'll hunt hard and see if I can put two more on these next few weeks!

hoppie

That is good stuff right there. Nice bird and good patience. Aight Shawn should be good in rested. Now it is time to give it to them.

georgiabuckbuster

great work don and nice bird yep now its just up to you shawn to finish her off and we are done guys congrats to everyone on a great season

donblfihu

Thanks I was looking for a bonus bird, everything happened so fast when he showed up, I saw the rope sticking out and fired. Figured for the last bird I could be a little picky with as much season as there is left. Just glad it worked out and go team 14, good luck Shawn!!!!! I've got vacation this week if you get a nasty bird I'll help, just give me a call.

Last edited:

WOODS N WATER

Ok here is the scores as of right now
1st 60 points Team 14 whoo hoo
2nd 52 Points Team 16
3rd 49 Points Team 7
4th 42 Points Team 23
5th 39 Points Team 36

What are we looking like with points? Are we still hanging on to first?

georgiabuckbuster

i dont know woods n water the computer here at work messed up and we got a different one now so i lost the old records i had of it and i havent taken the time to go back and redo all of it

georgiabuckbuster

1 20
2 19
3 20
4 10
5 24
6 32
7 49
8 32
9 27
10 45
11 45
12 32
13 31
14 67
15 35
16 52
17 10
18 17
19 15
20 16
21 15
22 61
23 47
24 25
25 20
26 40
27 37
28 25
29 0
30 49
31 10
32 5
33 37
34 33
35 23
36 46
37 10

here is my updated scores we are still in the lead but team 22 is right on our tails guys

hoppie

Dang. Looks like unless a team gets hot here soon it could come down to the wire between us and 22.

shawn mills

I'm still in the game guys. Hunted BF Grant Tuesday and had a guy parked in my"honey'hole when I got there at six a.m. Moved to my #2 spot on the wma and didnt hear a sound. Had to work down in Moultrie Wed and Thur but I'm home and headed to a tract I hunt in Morgan county tomorrow before the bad weather sets in for the weekend.