Team 14 Role Call

shawn mills

I'm headed back down to Cedar Creek Wednecday after all this rain heads out. I had three gobblin Sunday before the storms came. Those WMA birds are tough this time of year. Gonna rely on patience this week. If I get on one and he answers more than once, I'm sitting on my call and waiting till one of us dies...

hoppie

Sounds good. I have a club in Crawford County that if things lined up maybe I could meet up with you and get on one there. haven't been there since I missed one then killed one an hour later and had 7 working in between. It was hot earlier in the year and I know there are still birds. We will see if we can work something out.

shawn mills

Sounds good. I have a club in Crawford County that if things lined up maybe I could meet up with you and get on one there. haven't been there since I missed one then killed one an hour later and had 7 working in between. It was hot earlier in the year and I know there are still birds. We will see if we can work something out.
Cool, Lemme know. I'll be back a cedar creek tomorrow and in Merriwether county Fri and Sat. I'm pretty much open all next week.

georgiabuckbuster

yea i would invite you shawn to come down here and chase these swamp turkeys with me but man the past week and a half i havent heard a peep i dont know what is up with these birds

shawn mills

I had two gobblin their heads off yesterday morning. I was about 250 yards from them and they answered my aggressive cutts. After an hour of only calling twice they still gobbeled in the same place. I eased to within 80 yards and set up on a ridge above them. I called with a few soft yelps and was answered by hens feeding with the gobblers. When the hens yelped the birds gobbeled together. I couldnt get them to gobble at my calls at that point but every time the hens with them made a sound they gobbeled. The hens toted em off AGAIN... this late in the season! I woulda stuck it out and tried the same birds later in the morning but I had a meeting I couldnt miss at noon. I'm on em again tomorrow!

georgiabuckbuster

alright guys team 16 has jumped back into the mix one of there members killed 2 which puts them at 62 which is only 5 behind us alright shawn pull through for us bud

donblfihu

good luck at least you're on gobbling birds, if you want some help sat or sun calling I'll help.

shawn mills

Ok guys...it was clooooose this morning! I worked three longbeards gobblin their heads off on Cedar Creek. They started to a real owl at 7:30. Now I'm not too shy to tell yall... I can call, better than most anyway. I,ve killed more than 50 longbeards but all have been on private land. This whole WMA thing is new to me. I have several spots of good private land to hunt, I've just got a vendetta against these two birds I've nicknamed Andy and Barney. They are together 24 7 I believe.I've had em at 80 yards or closer three different days this week. I elected to lay off the calling this morning and listen to where they were headed. Between 7:30 and 10:00 I repositioned on them 5 times, seeing them in this old bottom just out of range four of the five setups. At 9:30 I heard another hunter come from the highway headed towards these VERY vocal birds. I finally started softly yelping and clucking on a Woodhaven Copperhead. These birds gobbeled over 200 times at every sound in the woods. The guy kept coming, gettin closer and closer, calling his butt off with long, loud series of yelps. Well Andy and Barney gobbled at him but decided patrol time was over and it was time to ease off. Well, I knew where they were headed when they started back up the bottom I had worked em down all morning. I eased off and hauled butt 150 yards back the other way and set up. A third longbeard joined them gobblin his head off too. I had a saddle back hillside between me and the birds when they got to 50 yards. In between gobbles all I could hear was drumming. I stood up behind a tree to see if I could see a head yet. All I saw was the top of three fans. I could still hear ol buddy yelping his butt off up the valley so I had em in the bag!!! Wrong!!! I saw the first red head at 40 yrds and the other two fans right behind him. About that time a freakin hen that had come in from another direction and walked to within 20 yards of me started puttin! The fans folded and they started that crazy walk like a squirrel that ran out in front of your truck that dont know where to go. I shifted as they prepared their departure and let loose a 3 1/2 inch heavy 13 load that killed the crap outa the three or four 4' sweetgums between us. I watched and about cried as all three hoss gobblers topped the trees sailing back to Mayberry. Ol buddy came down and added insult to injury saying where is he? He said he thought I was a hen..... Hello.... Anyway an hour later I was on an adjacent road approximatly 300 yards off in the direction they had flown. Its now 11:eek:o a.m. and I gotta leave to get to work . I eased into the woods and hit an owl hooter and guess what??? both of em hammered off! All I can say is, ITS ON TOMORROW!

shawn mills

Ok guys, "ballground" on team 16 killed his third bird Friday. I think that ties them at 67 with us. I have to be in Myrtle Beach Two days this coming up week on business but I will be back at the birds the rest of the week. Cedar Creek was quiet yesterday with that windy cold front blowing in. Anybody got a few dumb gobblers tied up?

georgiabuckbuster

i played with one saturday morning trying to get my nephew on him and he answered everything i threw at him but i was having to try to call him across a road so he would be on our lease but nothing every happened with it going after him again teusday

WOODS N WATER

Ok guys, "ballground" on team 16 killed his third bird Friday. I think that ties them at 67 with us. I have to be in Myrtle Beach Two days this coming up week on business but I will be back at the birds the rest of the week. Cedar Creek was quiet yesterday with that windy cold front blowing in. Anybody got a few dumb gobblers tied up?

wish i did... I've been going with my brother and father in law since i killed my limit and have only heard one tom. Other than that only hens... don't know where they all went. 3 weekends straight without hearing one gobble. I guess we scared'm all off. limb lift one for the team if you have to:D

donblfihu

No dumb ones tied up only wma birds, took a friend this morning and had the bird close. The bird saw something and left as quick as he came in. We were on one ridge calling and heard a bird 1/4 mile away on another ridge. We were giving him a minute to see if he'd fly across and sure enough that's what the bird did. Next thing you know he gobbles 125 yards below us, I yelp at him one time he comes in shooter saw him go behind a stump got his gun up and the bird went the other way. If you don't have anything lined up by next sat. we can give him a try, I think I already pm my no. to you.

shawn mills

No dumb ones tied up only wma birds, took a friend this morning and had the bird close. The bird saw something and left as quick as he came in. We were on one ridge calling and heard a bird 1/4 mile away on another ridge. We were giving him a minute to see if he'd fly across and sure enough that's what the bird did. Next thing you know he gobbles 125 yards below us, I yelp at him one time he comes in shooter saw him go behind a stump got his gun up and the bird went the other way. If you don't have anything lined up by next sat. we can give him a try, I think I already pm my no. to you.

You did and thanks. I'm headed back to Cedar Creek tomorrow morning. Its supposed to be 45 degrees in the morning! That aint gonna help none! Trust me, with us in a tie right now, the jakes are in danger!

shawn mills

lOOKS LIKE WE BEEN KNOCKED TO SECOND PLACE! tEAM 14 HAS 67 POINTS AS WE DO BUT, THEY ENTERED A BIRD IN THE CONTEST BEFORE WE DID THUS PUTTING THEM AHEAD OF US