Team 30---Leave'em Floppin

cball917

i went in the rain this am. i found a ton of new fresh sign but the birds up here are not talking at all. be back in the morning

ryanwhit

Woohooo!!! Nice job gh!

cball, those mountain birds have got to start cooperating some!!! They can't walk around all season quiet! I thought it would really start to get good up there right now. I think it'll come together for you soon buddy!

cball917

despite all the rain last night i went this am. only heard one gobble and walked about 6 miles. got to a grass patch way up on the mountain and noticed some fresh sign from this am. got low and started sneaking over the knoll and when i topped the hill i was ftf with about a 2 yr old bird with around a 10" beard. i swung the gun around and he took off. i emptied the 870 at a shot from 30, 40, and then 60 while he was flying. never touched him. very aggrivated and upset with myself. and i keep feeling like i am letting the team down. i think if i had not gotten on the tight pattern wagon i may have killed this bird. my gun is shooting way too tight i feel now. anyways. i did have an opportunity and i blew it. the bird never gobbled before i took a shot. i hope to get some more time in the woods next week. today is the wife's b day so no evening hunt for me today

georgia_hunter

I know how you feel, But believe me if you keep at it you will get one. I just got lucky on mine yesterday. I will post pics and story tomorrow but heck all we can do is try.

littletime

Cball it'll happen, I'm sure. Congrats GH.........Well, i saw one strutting with a hen this morning about 300 yards away, didnt want anything to do with me. Tried to circle around on him but nothing. Gonna wait for a good morning this week, probably thursday and play hookey. HAHA!!

littletime

Just checked the points, WE got 44 not 43? and with Georgia Hunter's bird, should be tied for third!

ryanwhit

Just checked the points, WE got 44 not 43? and with Georgia Hunter's bird, should be tied for third!

Your right, it is 44 pts!

Team 22 has added some birds and they're in the lead as it stands now. We're in 5th, but only 17 points out of a tie for first. That can be made up quick! If we can have a little bit of luck for you guys we'll be right up there in the mix!!!

Cball, I hate that for you!! It'll come together for you, hang in there! You're spending too much time in the woods for it not to happen for you!

cball917

You're spending too much time in the woods for it not to happen for you![/QUOTE]

thats what i told my wife today. i kept saying how stupid i felt and she got tired of hearing it. i was thinking i spent all this time scouting and hunting as much as i can and then blow the only shot i have had all year. the birds are just not as vocal as they have been in the past up here for me. but i have been known to come up with some magic before the buzzer sounds. i just got off the phone with a lady that i did some work for and got permission to hunt her vineyards. this property had 3 toms gobbling and struting while i was at her place working. the property has never had any hunting pressure of any kind. i made a deal with the prop owner. she wants 2 birds to put in the freezer for thanksgiving so she told me she would let me and only me hunt it and it had to be done during the weekdays. i am letting them know tomorrow i will be late to work tues and wed. wish me luck

chadf

Good luck boys, btw they are lighting it up at Dawson forest!

haven't heard a bird there in 2 weeks! Saw 20 trucks there the other day, half where calling from there truck..... Dont believe everthing some people post!

littletime

Was rough this morning. for the first time all year I didnt hear a gobble! Gonna try some different land this weekend

cball917

no hunting for me tomorrow. went yesterday. busted up a big group but they are still henned up badly. cant hunt in the am. taking my little girl to a fishing rodeo. hope to bust one sunday

ryanwhit

no hunting for me tomorrow. went yesterday. busted up a big group but they are still henned up badly. cant hunt in the am. taking my little girl to a fishing rodeo. hope to bust one sunday

have fun with your little one, and I hope you bust one on saturday too!!

I killed my 5th and final bird last week in AL, and then early mon morning my wife delivered our first child - a boy!