Thomas/Grady County

jeep983

Has anyone see any good deer signs yet. I have alot of tracks so far around my feed plots.

mrnow

North Grady

Buddy of mine planted our plots this week and says theres real good sign. Part of our land has a peanut fieled on it and it looks like they have been hitting it pretty hard. We'll see what happens.

grady county buck

I killed this buck outside of Wigham on Sat a.m. . He was 180 lbs and 20" spread. I saw him with another buck during bow season.

Attachments

• 10 point.jpg
    10 point.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,424

slipknot

Nice Buck.I am heading to Ochlocknee this weekend, and every one after til the end of the season.
Are you seeing any pre rut sign?And what do you think is the target week for the rut?

diamondback

thats a good one from around whigham.If I had to guess I would say northwest of whigham or around climax.lol.I grew up there and still have family there.Congrats.

bonecollector

great buck

that buck looks good the sign is there i think it is going to depend on the weather cause we have scrapes and rubs and have killed between 3 of us a couple of good ones that are already acting like its onnnn!!!!

miller

Nice Deer! :)

slipknot

I was up for 3 days this weekend in Thomas Co.Between myself and another guy we saw 3 small bucks , and 20 does.Still havent gotten a big one on camera.But things are picking up,it should get better from here on out.Found the first scrapes this weekend,but no rubs.No rutting signs yet.Probably a couple weeks out?

slipknot

:banana: The rut is here. I shot a buck sun eve that was swollen and stunk. :banana:

I have not seen any rut sign in Ochlocknee,and I know, we are not far from Boston.
From my experience,our farms first rut is the last week of Nov. through the 1st of Dec.With the weeks after Christmas really being the best of the year for seeing big bucks.I think the second rut is better than the first for where I am.Its kinda weird, but I have years of observance to prove it.I only care about the big ones..

RUTMAGIC

Hey Fellows, I Been Getting All Sorts Of Reports Of Ruting Action Spread Out All Over The Place. I Really Think That It Just Depends On The Area Bucks And When Does Go Into Season. For My Area Lots Of Sign And Sightings Btu Nothing To Write Home About Yet. Waiting To Go To Chickasawhatchee In Dec.

slipknot

I did see a real nice 8 running 2 does pretty hard Sunday morning.But thats all I saw as far as rutting activity for 3 full days in the woods.Its comming on.
Over the next 2 weeks, I will be in the woods more than at work.Hopefully pics to come soon.

slipknot

Cmon,last year Thomas Co. was the hottest thread going.Wheres the reports?
All I saw this weekend were two 8 pts. both just inside ear,so I let them walk,and about 50 Turkeys this morning.
The sign has increased in the past week.I think things will be full blown within the next two weeks.
Finally got a decent buck on trail cam,not really what I am looking for,but he's not bad.The daytime pic. tells me they are starting to roam.Tarsals are dark,but not stained.

Attachments

• 8 Big PLC.jpg
    8 Big PLC.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,180

RUTMAGIC

Friend Of Mine Here In Thomas County Shot A Broken Off Ten Point About 170 Lbs, The Entire Right Side Rack Was Gone. He Was In Full Rut, Swollen, Gland Out, And Was In A Major Fight With Another Bigger Buck. He Was Making A Scrape Just Before He Shot Him.

slipknot

Well, sign has been picking up greatly in the past week at my place.Lots more rubs.
Hunted Thurs. through Sun.Saw a nice buck chasing 2 does Thurs. evening at dark,offered no shot.Walked up on 4 does Sat. morning.My buddy saw more deer than me,but still no big bucks.
I had planned to go up this Tues. nt. for the week,but put it off til next Tues. due to this warm weather.I NEED A FRONT NEXT WEEK.We are giong into Dec.what is going on??????Gimme the cold.
Stay tuned,
Rick