Time

SRShunter

A man like myself waits all year for this time of the year. Where we hunt the rut is almost upon us. Love the prerut which is probably happening now. Love to see all the bucks up moving in the daytime. The lil ones start first then it won't be long and the big boys will be following suit. It's just ashamed it doesn't last longer. If you ever get to see a true rut and pick the right week it is a very special and magical time to be in the woods. Hope I hit it right this year. Ours is usually around the 25th of October to about November 8th if I had to pick dates to hunt it would be between those. Good luck to all and Happy Hunting

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
A man like myself waits all year for this time of the year. Where we hunt the rut is almost upon us. Love the prerut which is probably happening now. Love to see all the bucks up moving in the daytime. The lil ones start first then it won't be long and the big boys will be following suit. It's just ashamed it doesn't last longer. If you ever get to see a true rut and pick the right week it is a very special and magical time to be in the woods. Hope I hit it right this year. Ours is usually around the 25th of October to about November 8th if I had to pick dates to hunt it would be between those. Good luck to all and Happy Hunting
The best time in Heard is Nov 10 - 28 that is pre rut and rut.