Tonight's Moon

wareagle700

Yeah, I know, its just another picture of the moon but it was just too bright and clear to pass up taking a picture.

December Moon by wareagle700, on Flickr

Hoss

Moon shots are a lot like cloud shots, all share some of the same elements, but all are unique and different and beautiful. Nicely captured full moon.

Hoss

wareagle700

Thanks yall.

the HEED!

Banned
it was beautiful and bright right as it came up over my house tonight. you dont need a flash light on nights like this, awesome.

Dr. Strangelove

That's a nice picture. The rising moon here in Athens looked like it took up an 8th of the horizon.

My brother has some high end telescopes, I enjoy looking at different nebulae and the like, but nothing beats a good sharp image of the old moon.

I was just looking at the moon a few minutes ago and thinking how amazing it is that we sent men there 40+ years ago...

Crickett

Little Lady
Great moon shot!

The moon looked awesome again tonight. We went to see the lights at lake Lanier & when we got to the part where you can see the lake & the moon was reflecting on the water. It still had an orange glow to it. I was upset I didn't take my camera. I missed an amazing opportunity! :banginghe

wvdawg

Staff member
Sweet! I was driving I-10 toward Jacksonville when you took this - it was a beautiful, large orange globe as it rose above the horizon. Wish I had my camera - it was gorgeous!

Beautiful capture!