Trail Cam Recommendation

SWAMPFOX

I'm in the market for a couple of trail cams. I have been using Moultrie M900i Gen2 but can't find them any more. What I really like is the feature on them that allows me to aim them. What other cams available have an aiming feature that don't cost an arm and two legs?
Thanks.

Away

I've stopped paying big money for cams and started stocking up on cheap tascos from Walmart. Can buy 4 of them plus warranties for the same cost as one of the big names. Picture quality isn't the greatest but its enough to see what I'm hunting. There's even a feature to help self aim.

whitter

BANNED
I'm in the market for a couple of trail cams. I have been using Moultrie M900i Gen2 but can't find them any more. What I really like is the feature on them that allows me to aim them. What other cams available have an aiming feature that don't cost an arm and two legs?
Thanks.

Try this to solve your aim issue. Go to Home Depot and buy a large suction cup and then purchase a pencil lazer pointer. Stick the back end of the pointer into the threaded rubber portion of the cup and you now have a aim tool. Just set the cup portion over the lens center of your new cheap cam and turn the lazer on. the red dot projected by the pointer will indicate the area where the cam is looking. Used this method for years and has worked well for me.

Davexx1

Take your cell phone, turn on the camera, then switch the camera function so it is looking backwards (at you) and just hold it up flat against the front of your trail camera. You can then see what the trail camera is seeing. Adjust the trail camera as needed.

Or, mount the trail camera facing the general direction you want. Stand squarely front of the camera noting the flat sides of the camera, then start backing away from the camera staying squarely in line with it. You can tell where it is looking. If needed, adjust the camera left or right, up, down etc.

To check up/down angle of the trail camera, stand off to one side 10' or so and you can see pretty well if it is angled to high or too low.

The first batch of pictures you look at will tell you what final adjustments may be needed.