Was i wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOYDB

BANNED
I'll post again for the peanut gallery.

I don't sleep as much as most. 6 hours is a long night. I usually work two or more jobs at a time. I worked at Disney World for seven years before moving on. Sometimes had another job and went from Disney to the other job. Put in 6 years with Holiday Inns between hotels and the headquarters in Memphis. I always gave notice before moving on. But never had a problem getting another gig when I wanted one.

I've had so many different jobs because I could. Unlike some who have only had one
I learned at each job. Some here have only had one and still haven't learned it. Six more jobs and reality will still be a mystery for them.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Plus we had to either park on my lease or park side the road.

zedex

Gator Bait

I don't sleep as much as most. 6 hours is a long night. I usually work two or more jobs at a time. I worked at Disney World for seven years before moving on. Sometimes had another job and went from Disney to the other job. Put in 6 years with Holiday Inns between hotels and the headquarters in Memphis. I always gave notice before moving on. But never had a problem getting another gig when I wanted one.

I've had so many different jobs because I could. Unlike some who have only had one
I learned at each job. Some here have only had one and still haven't learned it. Six more jobs and reality will still be a mystery for them.
I've been an ASE certified master automobile technician since 1992. I've worked in body shops and automotive repair facilities in every position from tech to service management to facility manager. I've had a motorcycle/atv/PwC dealership. I'm also an EMT, CNA, and LPN. Studied law and am a herpetologist. I've also flipped burgers at McD and delivered pizzas. I've been a automobile and motorcycle driving instructor. Like yourself, I've held many positions, worn many hats.

Perception, however, is based upon evidence. Because of the hinges and strikers as well as A and B pillars I've seen as a result of springing and slamming doors, I insist it not be done to my vehicles.

The kid should have listened the first time around. My daughter is 12 and she knows to not do it. For me, it's a respect thing. Respect my property, respect my request. He just couldn't do it.

zedex

Gator Bait
And should walk from here on. Your truck, your rules.
That's the arrangement. I dont care if we get 8 feet of snow with wandering tornadoes and raging seas, he ain't getting back in my truck

NOYDB

BANNED
Them Turkey can hear from a long way off Harry.

True, but they forget what they heard. And don't know what it is. Or why it is. One of the pastures on my sisters farm gets cut for hay at the end of growing season. Local turkey flocks like to pick bugs and seeds in the cut areas. I've driven a truck thru the middle of a flock of 40-50 birds that didn't spook about the truck being driven thru the middle of them. They didn't pay much attention to the slowly moving truck until it stopped. They spooked when I opened the door to get out. They are turkeys and don't care or know what you are. Or about a truck in the area.

A large flock nosing thru dried fall leaves makes a racket that makes it hard to hear an approaching deer.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
True, but they forget what they heard. And don't know what it is. Or why it is. One of the pastures on my sisters farm gets cut for hay at the end of growing season. Local turkey flocks like to pick bugs and seeds in the cut areas. I've driven a truck thru the middle of a flock of 40-50 birds that didn't spook about the truck being driven thru the middle of them. They didn't pay much attention to the slowly moving truck until it stopped. They spooked when I opened the door to get out. They are turkeys and don't care or know what you are. Or about a truck in the area.

A large flock nosing thru dried fall leaves makes a racket that makes it hard to hear an approaching deer.

You have a lot of real turkey hunting experience, Harry?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We never abused them but the long Corvette doors and fiberglass scared me to death. The were big levers.
I had a '78 Firebird that had those big, long, heavy doors. And they eventually warped.

basstrkr

"Huh can't keep a job can ya".

Lilly001

I don’t think it matters if damage was, or could have been, done.
The man asked that he not do it.
More than once.
Politeness would dictate obliging your host’s wishes.
To do otherwise is rude, and in deserving of rebuke.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV

Were you Goofy, or Minnie Mouse ???

Status
Not open for further replies.