What a game

MudDucker

Staff member
I guess watching UGA jerseys stretched to max with them in the hands of OSU lineman wasn't obvious to some, but what I saw several times was OSU lineman reaching up and grabbing shoulder pad straps and that is guaranteed to slow down a rusher.

I watch line play as much as the glamour positions, because that is where it is won or lost in most games.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I guess watching UGA jerseys stretched to max with them in the hands of OSU lineman wasn't obvious to some, but what I saw several times was OSU lineman reaching up and grabbing shoulder pad straps and that is guaranteed to slow down a rusher.

I watch line play as much as the glamour positions, because that is where it is won or lost in most games.

You weren't the only one observing it. Some people will believe the lie Jalen Carter was "managed" all night long. To paraphrase Bill Clinton - It depends on what the meaning of the word "managed" is.

Madsnooker

Cmon guys yall won. Quite trying to come up with excuses why the pups were outplayed allot of that game. The calls went both ways. I saw lots of holding on JT on his "almost" sacks as well as Zach Harrison on many if his rushes and most importantly on the last drive where he reached out and missed a strip sack by 2 inches just before the pass down the middle. There is a whole thread on Buckeye forums showing it. It was a mugging to say the least. I saw it real time when I posted in the game thread and said "wow zach was inches from a strip sack" but didn't bring up the holding as I knew yall would keep up the false narrative of my making excuses. That was a game changing missed call. Lol

Calls Were bad at times both ways. the pups won fair and square. OSU Oline dominated that game. Also OSU Dline was not giving Bennet much time at all and is why he hurried alot of throws. Although Day kept throwing OSUs third and fourth string RBs were starting to get going in the second half as well getting 6-8 yds getting outside. Again hats off the that Oline as they played great against a great Dline.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Cmon guys yall won. Quite trying to come up with excuses why the pups were outplayed allot of that game.

Yes we were. So were y'all. Want proof? 42-41. :wink:

MudDucker

Staff member
Lawd but a long diatribe that missed the mark. I hate refs screwing up games. No excuses, as I stated earlier, when you win you don't need no excuses. Jalon pancaked the Tosu linemen on about 1/2 the plays, so that doesn't go well with Tosu line dominating.

Madsnooker

Lawd but a long diatribe that missed the mark. I hate refs screwing up games. No excuses, as I stated earlier, when you win you don't need no excuses. Jalon pancaked the Tosu linemen on about 1/2 the plays, so that doesn't go well with Tosu line dominating.

Ok the Olline didn't Dominate. You feel better. Lol

brownceluse

I did see a couple linemen grabbing our D linemen from behind and holding a few times when CJ got out of the pocket. But, it was obvious when they got to him they couldn’t catch him. I actually think Day one upped Kirby with making CJ so mobile. TOSU defense was just as useless as our was with the exception of most of the 3rd. I don’t know what the final stats were but any defense that gives up 500 yards sux. When we needed a stop our D got it. When we needed points the offense got just enough. I could see the frustration on our coaches face. Day was on fire and had his team fired up. But, Kirby’s team kept chopping. We were hunted this game. Kirby needs to make sure we are hunting on the 9th.

Madsnooker

That's just the way I saw it as well. Our defense played great alot of the second half until the last 2 drives. Db fell down on the first one and the second went to prevent which sucked. Zach Harrison was a knats hair away from knocking the ball out of Stetson's hand on the last drive. The first half our DBs were bad.
Overall proud of the team and how they responded after that terrible 4th qtr against ttun a month ago.
Congrats again and hope yall smack TCU around.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That's just the way I saw it as well. Our defense played great alot of the second half until the last 2 drives. Db fell down on the first one and the second went to prevent which sucked. Zach Harrison was a knats hair away from knocking the ball out of Stetson's hand on the last drive. The first half our DBs were bad.
Overall proud of the team and how they responded after that terrible 4th qtr against ttun a month ago.
Congrats again and hope yall smack TCU around.
Both teams O were able to break big plays and both teams D were able to get stops at important times. I heard Bennett say he had looked at stats and the two teams were evenly matched. The final score says the same thing.

Madsnooker

I agree overall. Just a great game the nation was treated to. It just sucks my team had those crazy breaks go against them in the 4th qtr. Harrison going out at the start of the 4th, the Great timeout getting called a 1/3 of a second before the snap on the fake punt which would have extended the drive which would have been devastating in the pups comeback and the missed fg chance. I know the pups had things go wrong it's just those where devastating in the final moments of such a great game. I'm still in shock of how that game ended in contrast to almost going up 42-24 with 6 minutes left in the game.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I agree overall. Just a great game the nation was treated to. It just sucks my team had those crazy breaks go against them in the 4th qtr. Harrison going out at the start of the 4th, the Great timeout getting called a 1/3 of a second before the snap on the fake punt which would have extended the drive which would have been devastating in the pups comeback and the missed fg chance. I know the pups had things go wrong it's just those where devastating in the final moments of such a great game. I'm still in shock of how that game ended in contrast to almost going up 42-24 with 6 minutes left in the game.
I bet if you watch the game after the fact it will be obvious the momentum shifted back and forth the whole game via big plays and mental mistakes both so the ending pretty much followed the rest of the game. Bennett had 190 yards in the air in the 4th quarter. That’s more than any other QB ever.

Madsnooker

The DB falling down giving him 70 pitch and catch yards didnt.help.but point taken. Yea he played great in the 4th.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

As long as their hands are inside the shoulders that is not holding. Every o linemen does it. It becomes holding when the D linemen is moving away and they don’t let go.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I bet if you watch the game after the fact it will be obvious the momentum shifted back and forth the whole game via big plays and mental mistakes both so the ending pretty much followed the rest of the game. Bennett had 190 yards in the air in the 4th quarter. That’s more than any other QB ever.
The UGA side of the stadium was pretty quiet for most of the second and all of the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter was a crazy back in forth in momentum. Neither team really lost momentum in the 4th quarter.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The UGA side of the stadium was pretty quiet for most of the second and all of the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter was a crazy back in forth in momentum. Neither team really lost momentum in the 4th quarter.
What was the breakdown on the crowd? 70-30 uga?