What new item did you get that you are loving right now

shdw633

The season is rolling and I am just wondering what new item you may have gotten in the off season that you are really glad you got it and feel it took your hunting experience to the next level. For me it was a Rambo electric bike. I am just loving the ability to drive right to the stands, the quietness of it and feel like I am getting more out of the experience when I am on it. I have to pay attention to the trail a little more than when riding on an ATV or golf cart and as a result I have found things that have bounced off my golf cart or four wheeler in the past, like a power cord for my seeder I lost last year.

baddave

i got a VERSATILE ground blind . can hunt nearly anywhere . hills, flats.. sets up easy. comfortable. in 1 week i fooled turkeys, crows , deer , bobcat, raccoon..sets up , up against any tree any size

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
My polaris 450 HO atv. I put in about 3 acres of food plots with it, a ground hog max, a moultrie seed spreader, and a chain drag and there are deer in them every single day.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The season is rolling and I am just wondering what new item you may have gotten in the off season that you are really glad you got it and feel it took your hunting experience to the next level. For me it was a Rambo electric bike.

Holy carp! $4 grand for a bike? I'll keep walking it in and walking it out.:bounce:

Kris87

My fat tire e-bike is hands down the best hunting tool I own. No comparison. I paid $1700 for mine. I don't care what one would cost. It's a game changer.

Wanderlust

I bought a carbon express pile driver x- bow that you posted a link to. Haven't slung a bolt at a deer yet but have let a few pass. Really like it so far. Pic of a tiny 8pt I let walk.IMG_20191021_083644563.jpg

shdw633

Holy carp! $4 grand for a bike? I'll keep walking it in and walking it out.:bounce:

No, I got last years model and they gave me a 20% discount for being a veteran so I got it for just under $1300 with an upgraded suspension and bike racks.

Last edited:

shdw633

I bought a carbon express pile driver x- bow that you posted a link to. Haven't slung a bolt at a deer yet but have let a few pass. Really like it so far. Pic of a tiny 8pt I let walk.View attachment 988422
Awesome!! Let me know if you get to loose one this season!! I am headed to Illinois to do a little crossbow hunting up there next week.

buckpasser

It’s just a simple little product, but I’m enjoying the single point sling system I installed on the AR. It still works while packing in the climber and can be worn through the entire sit by using the quick detach.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I'm liking my new CVA hunter slug gun. Haven't pulled the trigger on a deer yet, but love the compactness amd the accuracy is great. Also it is compact and lightweight for those long walks in.

deers2ward

ShortMagFan

Just ordered a golf cart. Looking forward to using it. I generally like to walk but with guests/friends sometimes that is not practical and with 15 cameras scattered over 350 acres it can be easy to get behind. and I HATE the noise my kawasaki mule makes. I’ll keep it to do work around the property but the golf cart will become the default transportation. Ordered it with a red LED light bar instead of white.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Free-floated the barrel on my 7.62x39 AR. It's shooting 3/4" groups at 100 yards now with steel-case Hornady SSTs. Shot a fat doe with it a couple weeks ago.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
i got a VERSATILE ground blind . can hunt nearly anywhere . hills, flats.. sets up easy. comfortable. in 1 week i fooled turkeys, crows , deer , bobcat, raccoon..sets up , up against any tree any size

What brand and model is that blind there, BD?
One of my hunting partners is always buying the cheapest, flimsiest hoop blinds you can find and likes to pop one on top of our roof-less towers. Makes it very difficult for us big boys to hunt there. I'm all cramped up in a blind he sits two people in. Starting to understand why he misses and blows so many shots on deer.
Also got more than one good ground spot I'd like to set my own...

Last edited: