When Christians are losing the argument

ambush80

"He will open your eyes if He wants to." Contrary to the
"You can have the gift of faith if you ask for it."

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Prove that god doesn't exist!
Well........it is valid because you can’t. :pop:And that’s what’s keeping you up at night :banana:

BTW, go look up the definition of claim. If you’re going to stake the claim that God doesn’t exist, back it up with evidence if you want to prove it. Play by your rules ::ke: you said I had to have evidence to back up my claim that he does exist :biggrin2:

I’f you’re not 100% positive then you don’t know.

ambush80

I’ll pray for you, or....
You’ll get yours in the end.

This one is particularly amusing because it really exposes what's going on in their minds. They want to feel superior though they will say "It's not my will. It's God's. I'm just telling you what it says". They're saying "Then you'll know I was right".

When I discuss in here I only want the believers to admit that their belief isn't logical. To those that say "I understand my belief isn't logical but I just believe it" I really have no more argument. I can't make people be rational especially if they know that they're not already.

But if I were a believer and I knew these people who I know and love are going to suffer for eternity I would claw my eyes out and pull out my hair. I would beg them every day to repent. I would never say "Just wait. You'll see." Imagine saying that to someone you loved if they said they were going to light themselves on fire. I would tackle them to the ground and I would scream in their faces until I was hoarse, begging them not to do it. Naw. No one REALLY believes in this He11 nonsense. The reality would be unimaginable.

ambush80

Well........it is valid because you can’t. :pop:And that’s what’s keeping you up at night :banana:

BTW, go look up the definition of claim. If you’re going to stake the claim that God doesn’t exist, back it up with evidence if you want to prove it. Play by your rules ::ke: you said I had to have evidence to back up my claim that he does exist :biggrin2:

Do you believe that Astrology is real? Prove it's not.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

What can be asserted without Evidence can be dismissed without Evidence.

You cannot Prove nothing.
Nothing can only be disproved.

atlashunter

It doesn't keep me up at night any more than it keeps you up at night that you can't prove Zeus and leprechauns don't exist. I don't waste my time trying to prove negatives. If these mythical figures don't exist then we should expect to not find a shred of evidence indicating they do. That expectation is met and that's enough to say they don't exist. If the evidence changes then of course the conclusion can change as well.

ky55

Israel

BANNED
This one is particularly amusing because it really exposes what's going on in their minds. They want to feel superior though they will say "It's not my will. It's God's. I'm just telling you what it says". They're saying "Then you'll know I was right".

When I discuss in here I only want the believers to admit that their belief isn't logical. To those that say "I understand my belief isn't logical but I just believe it" I really have no more argument. I can't make people be rational especially if they know that they're not already.

But if I were a believer and I knew these people who I know and love are going to suffer for eternity I would claw my eyes out and pull out my hair. I would beg them every day to repent. I would never say "Just wait. You'll see." Imagine saying that to someone you loved if they said they were going to light themselves on fire. I would tackle them to the ground and I would scream in their faces until I was hoarse, begging them not to do it. Naw. No one REALLY believes in this He11 nonsense. The reality would be unimaginable.

That "then you'll know I was right" thing runs deep. So deep as I have been barely able to apprehend in glimpses. On the one hand...it is almost too obvious...and endemic to man...the desire to show one's self right over what contradicts ones "rightness". But seeking its origins...its end (so to speak) in a man (if you can concede I am one ,no less nor more than any other) is something of myself, I have come to see I am not equipped to. I simply cannot, of myself, get past that place of desiring to be, and prove myself...right.
Either something must appear in relief to it, and for it (for I cannot lie here, it is a very demanding taskmaster) or I am simply lost to it. It's ready to appear whenever any contradiction is presented. And it is unrelenting in its demand. And again, unless something (in my experience someone) is shown its conqueror, I am left to suffer under its tenacious grasp.

Why Jesus? What interest? Fascination? If one can even endure it...captivation? Really. What...and why? Because He conquered it. And presents a far greater, lovelier, and exceedingly more powerful state of being than laboring under the mere desire to prove one's self right. When examined...this thing of compulsion to prove rightness over another...has both diablolical roots...and if one watches studiously, has borne in every instance, the most hideous of fruit.

Do I fail and fall? Why lie about that? It's ridiculously obvious to anyone who has either met or known me for more than 2 minutes. The playing to, and for an audience that is also altogether laboring under its horrid ministration of stripes.

To think soberly...even here...among us all...men (for the most part, I believe)...what deeper and more grievous wounds have we (either witting or unwittingly) laid to those...we even say we love "the most"? Wives? Children? Friends? Efforts to show ourselves "right" that have led to a trampling of one another in seeking our own ascent to show and prove our own "rightness"? But, God knows, I don't accuse anyone without finding myself as the chiefest occupier of that. And despite what may appear to some as a handy "get out of he11 free card", I also find Jesus not willing here to grant me, of all, any indulgence. No. To the contrary His rightness has no place in it for winking.
It is, as lovely as it is, no less a severe discipline. To be brought unsparingly to eat the words one has served up to others in that he11acious of striving...and get a true taste of substance of self, is no less His work in salvation, as He is all...of salvation. Repentance there, is found as it is...as fine and refined a gift...where once it may have seemed to be a command to expose...shamefulness. We are naked, all. And God has made that...perfect through Jesus Christ. The conscious One of all consciousness, and consciousness of all, and everyone before the word is formed in their mind or heart...forgives us...being once moved by only he11 itself.
By its conquer in one man.
To even begin to see how very wrong...the all right One was made willing to appear...is...captivating.

Last edited:

660griz

"Show me where the Bible condones that."
(Shown)
"You are just cherry picking the bad stuff."
Or,
"You aren't interpreting that correctly."

atlashunter

"Show me where the Bible condones that."
(Shown)
"You are just cherry picking the bad stuff."
Or,
"You aren't interpreting that correctly."

All the time with this one. :rolleyes:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If the evidence changes then of course the conclusion can change as well.
That’s not the question though. Are you saying that you’re 100% positive that God doesn’t exist?

Yea I know the “we don’t believe in any god”......not believing is not an issue. But you pointed out many times that “if God exist, then this would happen”

My goal is not to convince you that he does. I want to know if you’re hanging your hat on stating the he doesn’t, or you just don’t believe that he does

Last edited:

red neck richie

Who decides who is winning or losing? Who is the judge? Is there a score card? You will find out in the end. Peace to you all.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That’s not the question though. Are you saying that you’re 100% positive that God doesn’t exist?

Yea I know the “we don’t believe in any god”......not believing is not an issue. But you pointed out many times that “if God exist, then this would happen”

My goal is not to convince you that he does. I want to know if you’re hanging your hat on stating the he doesn’t, or you just don’t not believe that he does
With all the available evidence, or in this case Literally the lack of evidence, I am 100% certain that the god of the bible as written in the bible and described a hundred million different ways by it's fans...does not exist.
I say it like that because I have honestly spent many years trying to convince myself of any gods existence and more importantly the existence of the god of the bible. The more I search the more I am convinced(which is totally now) that the god of the bible does not exist.

I am open to evidence to the contrary and urge any god that wants to set the record straight to contact me.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Who decides who is winning or losing? Who is the judge? Is there a score card? You will find out in the end. Peace to you all.
When it's over it is over Richie. You won't be capable of knowledge.

red neck richie

With all the available evidence, or in this case Literally the lack of evidence, I am 100% certain that the god of the bible as written in the bible and described a hundred million different ways by it's fans...does not exist.
I say it like that because I have honestly spent many years trying to convince myself of any gods existence and more importantly the existence of the god of the bible. The more I search the more I am convinced(which is totally now) that the god of the bible does not exist.

I am open to evidence to the contrary and urge any god that wants to set the record straight to contact me.
Who is the Judge?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And you know this to be factual how? Perhaps you have interviewed people with near death experiences?
Well Richie, nobody that is fully dead gives any interviews.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What can be asserted without Evidence can be dismissed without evidence .

What can be asserted without Evidence can be dismissed without Evidence.

You cannot Prove nothing.
Nothing can only be disproved.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Proving a negative - A negative claim is a colloquialism for an affirmative claim that asserts the non-existence or exclusion of something. Claiming that it is impossible to prove a negative is a pseudologic, because there are many proofs that substantiate negative claims in mathematics, science, and economics, including Arrow's impossibility theorem. There can be multiple claims within a debate. Nevertheless, whoever makes a claim carries the burden of proof regardless of positive or negative content in the claim.