White Bass (and others) Thread 2024

Redbow

Good eating fish, we used a Panther Martin to catch White Bass in Santee-Cooper for years. They will hit about any kind of spinner bait when they are hungry. Congrats on your catch.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Hybrid and striper fishing at West Point has been phenomenal for the last couple months when you could get out. December and January are quickly becoming two of my favorite months to fish. We've had numerous trips where we left fish biting.

I'll be poking around the river over the next week. Historically, you'll find pre-spawn whites showing up around Valentine's Day. Looks like the temperature's this week will help support that.

IMG_0721.jpegIMG_0723.jpegIMG_7737.jpegIMG_7735.jpegIMG_7726.jpegIMG_7708.jpeg

campboy

Hybrid and striper fishing at West Point has been phenomenal for the last couple months when you could get out. December and January are quickly becoming two of my favorite months to fish. We've had numerous trips where we left fish biting.

I'll be poking around the river over the next week. Historically, you'll find pre-spawn whites showing up around Valentine's Day. Looks like the temperature's this week will help support that.

View attachment 1287239View attachment 1287240View attachment 1287241View attachment 1287242View attachment 1287243View attachment 1287244
Good deal!!

Lindseys Grandpa

View attachment 1287239View attachment 1287240View attachment 1287241View attachment 1287242View attachment 1287243View attachment 1287244
Yeah they start getting the itch about then . If weatherman is right fixing to be blowed out for a few days . They calling for 2-4 inch's Sat-Monday . That's late winter early spring fishing z

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Yeah they start getting the itch about then . If weatherman is right fixing to be blowed out for a few days . They calling for 2-4 inch's Sat-Monday . That's late winter early spring fishing z
Bad part is they're call'n for the same up here and that all heads Y'all's way or split to the Coosa / Tallapoosa water shed. Gonna be a mess for a week or three.

ryork

77F6E509-B8DF-41E3-8531-93EC733B3E04.jpeg2E0D2673-DDCB-4066-AFF7-DBAC89B16BB9.jpeg

Went to see if we could find white bass today albeit it’s a little early. Found them scattered around but ended up catching about as many crappie as white bass. Ended up with around 25 total in about 4 hrs. Combination of small rattling crank baits and jigs. Once the rain flushes through should just bet better from here.

Richf7

I wonder if the WB will swim up the Little River from Toona this year like they did until a few years ago

Last edited:

campboy

IMG_2041.jpeg

Quick update from Brushy. Water is beginning to recover from the rain. River is still pretty muddy. Killed a little time fishing from the bank. Not sure where the bigger fish are but I think they may be still out on the river. Things are still just in the early stages of the run. Hope this helps

Throwback

Chief Big Taw