You better start hunting NOW....

Handgunner 45-70

I heard that Win. and Rem. and most other major makers of ammo are raising their prices by 21%. They have been holding back on delivers because this is going go into effect as of May 1st. and any ammo in stores will also be subjected to price hike, kind of like they do to gas. Whats in the underground tank cost more when the price changes but still that same old gas.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You know it's kinda sad day in America when we feel we need to stock pile guns and ammo based on who's in the leadership position of our country. Our country needs our prayers.

It doesn't matter which side is in power. The argument in favor of stockpiling guns and ammo is supported by about 5,000 years of human history. At some point, every government goes too far. Ours has been going too far for decades upon decades.

rugerfan

I heard that Win. and Rem. and most other major makers of ammo are raising their prices by 21%. They have been holding back on delivers because this is going go into effect as of May 1st. and any ammo in stores will also be subjected to price hike, kind of like they do to gas. Whats in the underground tank cost more when the price changes but still that same old gas.

That 21 percent increase is related to the buying frenzy and lack of materials. The stores are not going to take a loss on the ammo, the consumer will, that is how it works. If we all could come to the conclusion that "I have enough for now" then when the ammo stocks return, it can sit there and rot in my opinion. Anything over 2 dollars a round is just not worth it.

shdw633

I saw it coming and stocked up so I'm good for at least 5 years. That being said I'm in the latter part of life and have killed plenty of deer during it so if I ran out of ammo I think I would be cool just archery or crossbow hunting until I could find more.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I saw it coming and stocked up so I'm good for at least 5 years. That being said I'm in the latter part of life and have killed plenty of deer during it so if I ran out of ammo I think I would be cool just archery or crossbow hunting until I could find more.

Yep and if they run out of bow strings and arrow shafts there's always spears and atlatl's.

SC Hunter

If I shoot 3 deer a year and 3 shots checking zero before the season with my 7mm-08 I can hunt for 30 years just with that gun. About the same for my 243 and 30-30. 30-06, 260 and 308 I'm a little shorter on.

I can shoot 10 deer a year for 100 years with a .17 and still have some ammo for those guns.

Now I still buy ammo when I see it but I'm not going to go broke buying it.

Nimrod71

GH60 is making a good point. If you plan on hunting this season you need to be proactive in the ammo department. Ammo is getting some better, but there is no guarantee that there will be sufficient amounts of hunting ammo available come deer season.

Yes, everyone should have learned from the Obama days to stock up, but some folks were not in the game back then and some can be a little slow catching on and then some may have had other problems. But, I can tell you pick up a box of hunting ammo at least once a month and at least maintain a stock of 10 boxes.