You better start hunting NOW....

GAHUNTER60

...For ammo, that is (assuming that you are going to need some next season)! If you shoot one of the more popular calibers (.30-30, .35 Remington, 270, .308, etc.) you are likely not to find any, anywhere, and the supply is not expected to get any better before next deer season. Funny thing, if you shoot something kind-of off-the-wall, like .300 SAUM, .308 Marlin Express, or even .300 Savage, you'll have a much easier time feeding your rifle.

Reloaders are not any better off, as components are almost impossible to find.

What I'm saying is, don't wait until October and think you are going to run down the local hardware store or the Walmart, and pick up a box or two of bullets, like you do every other year. This ain't every other year!

We're in a heck of a tight spot!

Why? I know a local gun store that has (or had) plenty in stock last weekend.

rugerfan

I am good to go for next couple of deer seasons and turkey seasons.

I am hoping to put a buck down with my crossbow this coming archery season, then hope to put one down in muzzleloader. If I accomplish this, I won't need to use any rifle ammo for deer season. If not, I will be fine.

Lets just try to avoid adding to the buying frenzy. Let them catch up!

Fletch_W

Banned
Has anyone had experience with bulkammo.com?
I've never bought any ammo online.

I've only bought online from MidwayUSA. The prices are "reasonable" but the shipping makes it not ideal.

There's another good site called ammoseek that scans all of the other online retailers in real time and you can search for exactly what you want, and it will pull up online retailers that have it in stock, and you can click through to the site and buy it. Problem is you gotta be quick. When ammoseek updates to say "Site XYZ has .308" you got about 5 minutes to go get it before it is gone.

Addicted to Antlers

I started stockpiling ammo a few months ago. I also starting buying a 243 for my son's youth rifle I have yet to purchase. Planning ahead. Bass Pro Shops has frequent ammo deliveries. There is a long line in front of the front door every morning before they open specifically for ammo.

ucfireman

...For ammo, that is (assuming that you are going to need some next season)! If you shoot one of the more popular calibers (.30-30, .35 Remington, 270, .308, etc.) you are likely not to find any, anywhere, and the supply is not expected to get any better before next deer season. Funny thing, if you shoot something kind-of off-the-wall, like .300 SAUM, .308 Marlin Express, or even .300 Savage, you'll have a much easier time feeding your rifle.

What I'm saying is, don't wait until October and think you are going to run down the local hardware store or the Walmart, and pick up a box or two of bullets, like you do every other year. This ain't every other year!

.35Remington is a popular caliber? Maybe but I usually have to hunt for it when I need it. And that is in good times.

I'll be using my .54 caliber Kibler Colonial flintlock all next season (you can still get black powder, lead and flints, no problem). Last year, it was a .50 cal. Hawken, only. Did pretty good:

View attachment 1079962

Last store I looked at had everything for black powder except the 209 primers. May not matter to flintlocks but most other black powder shooters may have a hard time.

I do hope it gets better. I would like to shoot some and be able to replenish the stock.

I have been saying Ammo Ammo Ammo and nobody but a few listened

gb1194

You can usually find what you need at bulkammo.com. Can’t promise it’ll be the best price but they always seem to have plenty of stock.

biggdogg

Only hunting gun I'm short on ammo for is my slug gun. The rest I'm good for the next several seasons.

Latest posts