You better start hunting NOW....

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Last few trips to my local academy sports showed lots of common rifle ammo at their normal prices. It appears to be getting better slowly....

Which Academy store?

earlthegoat2

I never walk past 450 Bushmaster or 20 ga sabots and I have managed to get 200 rounds of 450 and 35 slugs since January at normal prices. I already had a few boxes of each already anyway though.

I bought a 224 Valkyrie upper and 100 rnds of Fusion 90 gr at the same time. 224 Valk is pretty available I have noticed.

So is 358 Winchester. Target Sports has a bunch of it. Buy a 358 Win rifle and reap the benefits of that awesome hunting cartridge.

I thought in January what the OP is posting about now. If you keep your eyes open and check Ammoseek you will be able to find ammo before hunting season.

Finding ammo has been pretty easy for me as long as I’m not looking for 9mm or 223.

Geestring

For those of you that aren’t aware, Academy gets three shipments of ammo a week but it’s on random days and random ammo but you HAVE to be there when the doors open because it gets gone in a matter of minutes. You can get 2 boxes of rifle ammo and 10 boxes of shotgun shells.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

ddd-shooter

Ya’ll realize it’s these sentiments that keep the shortage going, right?
”I heard ammo is scarce, so next time I see any, I’ll buy it all.“
”Man, i saw a guy buying all the ammo, better get me some too.”
”All the shelves are empty, next time I see a box, I’m buying, even though I don’t need any, cuz I don’t wanna run out.”

Its toilet paper all over again. Lol Although this has been going since Obama was first elected, so I guess it’s just the norm now.

Geestring

Ya’ll realize it’s these sentiments that keep the shortage going, right?
”I heard ammo is scarce, so next time I see any, I’ll buy it all.“
”Man, i saw a guy buying all the ammo, better get me some too.”
”All the shelves are empty, next time I see a box, I’m buying, even though I don’t need any, cuz I don’t wanna run out.”

Its toilet paper all over again. Lol Although this has been going since Obama was first elected, so I guess it’s just the norm now.
I agree with you 100%, in fact the other day when I was there I only got 2 boxes of birdshot and could’ve gotten 10 but I did not because there were about 10 of us that walked in together and I knew they were there for the same reason as me. Hopefully this isn’t the new norm but I am afraid it is. It makes you realize how helpless we would eventually be if the Govt completely intervened on the ammo supplies.

phillips david 123

I checked with my supplier and he said he had plenty arrows and plenty broad heads in stock so i'm good for deer season and i've got enough ammo to protect what i've worked for. You know it's kinda sad day in America when we feel we need to stock pile guns and ammo based on who's in the leadership position of our country. Our country needs our prayers.

coolbreezeroho

If anyone gets in a really bad need Gun Broker has most ammo for sale. Reeds has Remington 270 win for sale at 39.99 a box

pottydoc

You can usually find what you need at bulkammo.com. Can’t promise it’ll be the best price but they always seem to have plenty of stock.

Same thing with ammoseek.com. It will cost you, but they usually have what you want. They got tons of 9mm and 223/5.56. Plus plenty of other calibers.

baddave

i just ordered 1 box of hornady 100 gr btsp bullets from midway -243- about the only 243 hunting bullets they have . I was waiting on some speer 85 gr but they are nowhere to be found for the last several months , I got 1 243 that shoots the 100's very well w/ rl 17 another 243 that l-o-o-oves smaller bullets like 85 gr

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
You can have enough guns. You can never have too much ammo.
Can you? :bounce: My local Walmart only has a few rifles, not sure about ammo, was no clerk around to ask at the time. Probably low on it as well. Took this pic about an hour ago.

20210508_171617.jpg

20210508_171627.jpg

stonecreek

FYI Kevin’s in Thomasville actually had a fair amount of ammo today in most common deer hunting cartridges. Pricey but was not complaining.