Spypoint Link Micro Issues

XJfire75

Was thinking about picking up one of these cameras but was worried about service I'm on to clubs one in Jasper County and one in upson which one of the cameras would you get the AT&T version or the Verizon version?
You’ll need 2-3 bars to get pics to upload. So if your phone service is good there then go with it. I can’t run my att at one of my leases but 10 miles away I can. They’re picky

shdw633

Was thinking about picking up one of these cameras but was worried about service I'm on to clubs one in Jasper County and one in upson which one of the cameras would you get the AT&T version or the Verizon version?

XJfire15 is correct. Get the version that is the best for the area you are in. You may need Verizon for Jasper county and AT&T for Upson county, depending on which service is the strongest for each area. Look at each carriers service map to determine the strength of each in your area.

heinsite

My micro is not working consistently, but always have 5 bars, sometimes 4. The SD card has never recorded a percentage% and the battery meter worked once to 86% the first time (camera quit working) went to my property and the batteries were dead. Now its in the woods (2 hours away) batteries at 100% for a week now and SD card 0% with several pics sent...mostly dark black pics. I had high hopes for this to work ok..but not even. Software is wonky as well- would be nice if you could pick the sound for notifications. I'm thinking about returning it.

j_seph

My micro is not working consistently, but always have 5 bars, sometimes 4. The SD card has never recorded a percentage% and the battery meter worked once to 86% the first time (camera quit working) went to my property and the batteries were dead. Now its in the woods (2 hours away) batteries at 100% for a week now and SD card 0% with several pics sent...mostly dark black pics. I had high hopes for this to work ok..but not even. Software is wonky as well- would be nice if you could pick the sound for notifications. I'm thinking about returning it.
Sounds for notification is done on your cell phone through your cell phone settings. Mine makes the sound I set it to. Android swipe from top down, click settings, notifications, then spypoint app. You have to remember that the sd card is probably 32gb. It will take a lot of pictures to get to 30 40 50 %. Mine has taken well over 8,000 pictures and card is only 11%

heinsite

Sounds for notification is done on your cell phone through your cell phone settings. Mine makes the sound I set it to. Android swipe from top down, click settings, notifications, then spypoint app. You have to remember that the sd card is probably 32gb. It will take a lot of pictures to get to 30 40 50 %. Mine has taken well over 8,000 pictures and card is only 11%
J_seph: I thought sound was set that way...but It's not in my notifications or in my sound settings. Everything I read says its dependant on the app...I'm on older Galaxy S7, but don't think that would matter. Maybe my SD card hasn't even hit 1% yet (16gig card).

Twinkie .308

My 32gb card has over 2000 pics and is at 4%. I use lithium batteries and it showed 100% battery life until the day before it died. The day before it died, it showed 80 something percent. That's just the way lithium batteries work.

j_seph

My 32gb card has over 2000 pics and is at 4%. I use lithium batteries and it showed 100% battery life until the day before it died. The day before it died, it showed 80 something percent. That's just the way lithium batteries work.
12VOLT

Twinkie .308

Oh, I'm using solar too. I tried just lithium batteries at first to see how long they last. I got almost 30 days out of them before it went to just solar. How long is the 12v lasting?

j_seph

I'm
Oh, I'm using solar too. I tried just lithium batteries at first to see how long they last. I got almost 30 days out of them before it went to just solar. How long is the 12v lasting?
Going into week 2 on lawnmower battery with instant notification. 1st go round was about 2 weeks but I believe battery wasn't near fully charged. Right now I'm at 100% I have mine at instant so I can get a better time of what's happening with deer. The other day I pulled up on my lunch break to put corn out. Forgot so I checked camera. There was a doe and fawn 40 yards from me eating so I just drove on out. Any other time I'd spooked them walking in to feed. When I got to highway I checked and they were still there. If season opened yesterday I'd of had an hour window to have gotten in that morning and stuck my 9 pointer at 7ish. Instant send to me is a better way to go.

philtuts

No offense guys, but you get what you pay for. That’s what I learned with Spypoint. I won’t buy another cam from them. Very disappointed.

Im having trouble with one of my micro cameras, its impossible to reach tech support. The camera turns on and shows the green light flashing while it is searching for signal, after a minute or so the light goes out then comes back on solid green and stays on. it will take pictures but will not send them or communicate with my phone. The camera worked for 2 weeks then stopped working when I went to move it. Can anyone help this this problem?

shdw633

Im having trouble with one of my micro cameras, its impossible to reach tech support. The camera turns on and shows the green light flashing while it is searching for signal, after a minute or so the light goes out then comes back on solid green and stays on. it will take pictures but will not send them or communicate with my phone. The camera worked for 2 weeks then stopped working when I went to move it. Can anyone help this this problem?

Emails usually work better than phone calls, that's not to say you will get them post haste but you will get communication back from them within a day or so. If you have the camera, take the batteries out and put them back in and restart the camera. If that does nothing then check the firmware version you have in your camera to make sure it's the newest version available, if not then do that and see if that doesn't help you out. I say this because according to the website the latest firmware version is to improve cellular network. The version I currently have in my camera is V1.06.04 and the version that is on the webite is V1.09.05. Also check and make sure your phone app has the latest update as this too can stop you from getting pics. Hopefully something I just type will help you out.

shdw633

No offense guys, but you get what you pay for. That’s what I learned with Spypoint. I won’t buy another cam from them. Very disappointed.

What did you do with your cameras? Did you send them in to get fixed? Have you done firmware and app updates? What have you done to address the issues you say you are having with the camera?

Killdee

Saw this on their main wed site, not on my phone. Mine hasn’t transmitted since Sunday but the calendar shows 110 photos taken.

Attachments

• 8C1C9104-2893-4A1C-AF7B-CDFC6E34EBE7.png
    8C1C9104-2893-4A1C-AF7B-CDFC6E34EBE7.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 77

shdw633

Saw this on their main wed site, not on my phone. Mine hasn’t transmitted since Sunday but the calendar shows 110 photos taken.

Thanks for the information Killdee!! I went to the website and it indicated I have older firmware than whats out there right now. I didn't see any calendar on mine to show me how many pics the camera has taken, only showed the pics that were sent to me.

Emails usually work better than phone calls, that's not to say you will get them post haste but you will get communication back from them within a day or so. If you have the camera, take the batteries out and put them back in and restart the camera. If that does nothing then check the firmware version you have in your camera to make sure it's the newest version available, if not then do that and see if that doesn't help you out. I say this because according to the website the latest firmware version is to improve cellular network. The version I currently have in my camera is V1.06.04 and the version that is on the webite is V1.09.05. Also check and make sure your phone app has the latest update as this too can stop you from getting pics. Hopefully something I just type will help you out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sent email after email with no reply. Where can you find the firmware updates for the micro? I can only find them for the evo on the websire

shdw633

rosewood

Sounds like the $119 sale on these cameras did better than they anticipated and they need more capacity. I think this is a good thing. The more customers, the more reason they will have to keep it working efficiently.

Rosewood