6.5 Grendel Question

Jester896

Senior Clown
I sure miss that...love to see one running and that chin drop to the ground and the back side come over the top.

HughW2

Krizia,
.30-06 can easily be had from www.normashooting.com
Norma Whitetail uses Norma brass (some of the best brass available behind Lapua) as well as quality soft point bullets. I shoot .308 and it always groups sub MOA.
Their distribution center is in Tampa and they ship free of charge for orders over $150.

Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
Krizia,
Norma Whitetail uses Norma brass (some of the best brass available behind Lapua) as well as quality soft point bullets. I shoot .308 and it always groups sub MOA.
Their distribution center is in Tampa and they ship free of charge for orders over $50.
Out Of Stock

buckpasser

The Grendel will work fine and I use one voluntarily over my .30-06. The only thing that makes me nervous is that it’s not sighted in yet. Mine and my BIL’s (two different brands and all different components) AR 6.5’s won’t group Hornadys. They both happen to love fusions though. Good luck either way!

krizia829

Krizia,
Their distribution center is in Tampa and they ship free of charge for orders over $150.
I went to their website and 30-06 isn't even listed.. couldn't find it anywhere

krizia829

The Grendel will work fine and I use one voluntarily over my .30-06. The only thing that makes me nervous is that it’s not sighted in yet. Mine and my BIL’s (two different brands and all different components) AR 6.5’s won’t group Hornadys. They both happen to love fusions though. Good luck either way!
I've always been a huge fan of Hornady rounds. Never tried any brand on the Grendel. It has yet to take 1 shot. I will be sighting it in tomorrow or Sunday so let's see how it shoots!

HughW2

It was in stock until this last week. It is odd that their website only lists calibers that are currently in stock. They typically carry about three different loads for .30-06.
150 and 180 grain soft point for certain. Good luck with your ammo search and good hunting this season.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I did a search for 30-06 and they were out of stock. I couldn't find it any other way, maybe they are only showing what is in stock on those first 3 pages.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Shooters Pro Shop has 30/06 180gr Accubond loaded ammunition. I posted the link above last night

Stroker

I was gifted a 6.5G upper from PSA and I'm having trouble getting it to group shooting the Hornady 123 SST's. Been through three boxes of the Hornady's, all the same lot #. I've tried three different sets of rings and scopes. Lower has a LaRue trigger and came from a gun that would do half inch groups all day with my reloads. I'm at my wits end with this AR. Looking at converting it to the 6ARC.

buckpasser

I was gifted a 6.5G upper from PSA and I'm having trouble getting it to group shooting the Hornady 123 SST's. Been through three boxes of the Hornady's, all the same lot #. I've tried three different sets of rings and scopes. Lower has a LaRue trigger and came from a gun that would do half inch groups all day with my reloads. I'm at my wits end with this AR. Looking at converting it to the 6ARC.

Strange isn’t it? If you can snag some fusions let me know how they do.

buckpasser

My BIL first had a PSA they wouldn’t group the SST’s. Returned it and ordered a “Grendel Hunter” brand. It wouldn’t group SST’s. He was convinced he had a due scope when we discovered the fusions fly like Robinhood’s arrows.

menhadenman

One of my Grendels is a PSA, wouldn’t shoot the 123s. Strange but the lighter rounds with jump shoot lights out.