Killing deer not on Camera?

Philnlucky

My Granddaughter killed a big 12 pt non-typical last year that we had never seen on the farm, cameras or otherwise. He showed up at a food plot on opening day of youth season. We had my Grandson's 10 pt on camera a dozen times, but not him. He was a stranger.

Attachments

• DSCN4297.jpg
    DSCN4297.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN4316.jpg
    DSCN4316.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
99% of the big bucks I get pics of on my place are in the middle of the night, and I never see those ones in the daytime.

Blackston

My Granddaughter killed a big 12 pt non-typical last year that we had never seen on the farm, cameras or otherwise. He showed up at a food plot on opening day of youth season. We had my Grandson's 10 pt on camera a dozen times, but not him. He was a stranger.
“Strangers” I like it !! I always call em “Trespassers “

Rebel 3

I have killed 5 in GA from 143 to 181. I didn't have pictures or had not seen any of them the year I killed them. Three of them I had pictures of in previous years and thought they were gone because they avoided my cameras that year. One I had a long history with and thought he was dead. He was 7 1/2 and it had been 2 years since I saw him and 3 since I got a picture. I found out after killing him that my neighbors on both sides were getting regular pics and were hunting him hard.

James12

I killed an 8 point symmetrical big bodied mature buck at my place this year. Biggest buck I’ve shot living there for 6 years. It was my first year here with no cameras up. We didn’t start hunting until rifle season. After my 10 year old son and I put one in the truck 3 days apart, we’ve sworn off wondering in the woods and food plot checking in on gadgets and stirring up the woods every week carrying corn in.
Nice! Pics?

Kevantylerr

Cameras lie, if you only hunt based off what you see on camera you’ll regret it, almost every 140, buck I’ve seen in person which isn’t but a handful only had one on camera

Doc_Holliday23

Killed a decent deer this year (120-125 which is good for my area) and only had one picture of him. Have pictures of several others in the same range over the last few years but none have been killed.

My cousin has a bunch of deer on the wall and he told me he has never mounted a deer that he had on camera. Killed a few but not any of the real good ones.

Unfortunately we don’t see many 4+ year old deer, period. And it’s not because we’re killing them before they get there.

Liberty

Nice! Pics?
I don’t post pictures of myself or my children on the interwebs. I posted the deer on the ground in the live from the tree discussion.

lildorris00

Just my 2 cents, and I agree with most comments on here….ill say that it always amazes me that when I leave a camera out for a while in one spot,
I consistently get pics of the same bucks, but I can move it 50-100 yards and get pics of a whole new set of bucks. Some end up on both but if you think the only bucks on your property are on the one trail or plot you have the camera, you are probably wrong.

Arrow3

140? My properties grow 5 1/2 year old deer that score 107 and under ... :rofl: These two weighed 208 and 221.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1690308711486.jpg
    FB_IMG_1690308711486.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 49
  • FB_IMG_1701910769836.jpg
    FB_IMG_1701910769836.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 49