on the road again...Indiana from the tree updates!!!

The Horned Toad

come on JT show us some pics.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Gator...if we set up to the north of that bedding area dont you think a NxNNE will kill it?

Only a cell pic for now. Will try and get some quality pics later. This is ther view to the north.
1210081039b.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Im just enjoying the nice breez but gary just saw a big deer but never got a look @ its head.

In case anyone is wondering...yeah its cold! Wind just keeps getting stronger. Time for some coffee!!!

gtparts

For heaven's sake, don't drop the thermos!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ahhhhh the nectar of the gods!

No more deer yet but did just see the turkeys we couldnt seem to find last spring.

On a good note, temps seem to be dropping but the wind has died nicely

irishleprechaun

Durn it JT, now I got to go back to ILL in Jan to keep up with you guys...:D

pm where you are in Indy...have some relatives there too. Although I don't like to admit being related to a Hoosier (aka hoser)...:bounce:

Q: Why does all the corn in ILL lean to the east?

A: Because Indiana sucks!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just got back to truck. Gettn a sammage, movin a stand and be back in. Yall hang on

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If you will keep your boots on, it won't be nearly as cold in that stand! You ain't in Georgia no more! :bounce:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Thanks gator. I am moving my stand from the arrowhead via the woods rd to that spot in a few.

Irish, we are up near the great lakes

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Dear lord! Man the woods are covered up in rubs and droppings. The tree line bubba is on is wore out!

Might stay put this eve and move stnd tomorrow pending sightings this PM

Go ahead and get on a plane we will pick you up

zman

good luck this afternoon. how long ya'll staying? tell bubba georgia power is not the same without him.lol

Gut_Pile

JT. How is the sign in these two areas? I know I circled a large amount of woods but I think I might have to be checking these pinch points out. Just wandering if yall have looked throughout these areas?

Attachments

• GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,447

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok im back on stand. Slipped around in the woods around my climber and the sign is too good to move for now. Bubba is moving his a little down the same tree line for a better view of whats happening in the other field edges.

29 degrees and sunny and a breeze of about 15.

Its gonna be good!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Zman...we are here at least till sat or sun.

Gator...not sure what he could see...cause I am wayyyyy over here:D

Gut...I am looking at the southern portion of your middle circle now. Bubba is covering the field edge of your top one and the bottom one is where gator says to move to when we move. Good sign everywhere right now...which is a good thing :)

nhancedsvt

Banned
good luck getting a big un JT. be sure to post up pics of the monster when you get him!

BornToHuntAndFish

Wish the wind would've stayed calmer. We like the views from your stand in your photo, Jim. It was good of georgia power to let bubba go hunting & I was blessed to work in a co-op position for them for 7 quarters in college days. Thanks for adding the good maps, Gut Pile. Really helps understanding the strategies they're using to ambush 'em. Those are good looking pinch points which is looks like they are covering the 2 narrow smaller areas of the 3. Now, c'mon deer & start moving!