11/18 PM

Toliver

Had to go ahead and start a PM thread. Rattlesnake just crawled up to my blind. He's still there. Been totally still since I peaked out at him. He thinks I don't see him. Heard something in the leaves. Rather surprising to see this. Trying to get pictures to load.

Dupree

Waiting at the gate in Alabama for my buddy. Got my son with me. Hoping he can see the 10 I saw Thursday eve. Probably won’t have service to post once we are in the woods. With the north wind we gotta sit in the bottom instead of the ridge top.

Big7

The Oracle
Just ain't feeling going all the way to the Deer woods. I've walked a bunch of miles these last 2 weeks.

Fixing to ride back down to Walton WMA/Dove Fields and see if it's any better than this morning.

I'm going right near the trapping supply place if anybody wants me to grab them something and ship it to you.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Had to go ahead and start a PM thread. Rattlesnake just crawled up to my blind. He's still there. Been totally still since I peaked out at him. He thinks I don't see him. Heard something in the leaves. Rather surprising to see this. Trying to get pictures to load.

What kind?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
We are set, awesome evening.

Followed someone in with GA tags on their camper.

Jayco was the sticker on the back

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
Two trucks parked on the back side where I go.
Not sure if anybody parked on the other end.

No birds on the line and no shooting- but it ain't time yet.

I see they got a good stand of wheat going that I can see in the sun now that I couldn't see this morning.

Going for a walk and see if I can find any seed on the ground.

Toliver

What kind?
Timber. About 3 feet. 4 rattles and a button. Pictures still won't load so those will be later when I get out of the woods. I used my shooting stick to encourage his movement across the holler to the other ridge. Took forever to get him to rattle and not once did he ever strike. A couple of times he coiled and struck a pose but never acted offensively a single time. I got video of me relocating him.

rugerfan

In and settled on the ONF in putnam county. Found a couple of nice rubs on my way in he5e. Was attaching my climber to a tree when a momma and a little one came through. Good luck all

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Timber. About 3 feet. 4 rattles and a button. Pictures still won't load so those will be later when I get out of the woods. I used my shooting stick to encourage his movement across the holler to the other ridge. Took forever to get him to rattle and not once did he ever strike. A couple of times he coiled and struck a pose but never acted offensively a single time. I got video of me relocating him.

Canebrakes- timber rattlesnakes are just about always docile. Just about always but there is sometimes the exception.

Dupree

I climbed a ridge high enough that I got service. Been settled about 45 minutes. My son is in a similar draw/valley behind me about 200 yards. Facing NE. I’m facing NW.IMG_1759.jpeg

sprewett

Sitting in a brushed in ground blind with my trigger man. Saw three this am but he wasn't able to get off a shot. This evening we are hunting where a sure enough giant roams had three come through this am at this place but no giants. Got a scrape that is literally big as half a car hood over here along with many other small ones. Tonight if it's brown its down, Pray the Lord blessed him with his first kill!

Attachments

• IMG_20231118_135157579.jpg
    IMG_20231118_135157579.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 15