11/18 PM

Dupree

Sun went behind the mountain and I put my jacket on. When I sat back down I hit my grunt a few times and started hearing “him” marching up the hill towards me. Got spun around and ready and It was turkeys.

Toliver

It's like being at an I-Max theater.... 360 degrees of squirrels. And one of them I am certain is intentionally imitating a deer.

Big7

The Oracle
Seen 1 Dove and 1 Pigeon.

Heard maybe 3 shotgun shots here and 2 rifle off in the distance from different directions.

Got stuff to do in the morning so I don't know if I'm hunting Dove or Deer tomorrow.

Good Luck Everybody.

And... If you are a bow hunter, this is a good place to be. More sign here than Carter's got liver pills and I didn't even go far from the van.
I recon I need to learn how to shoot a crossbow.
:LOL:

And... What is this stuff? It come up in some wheat stubble from last year and a bunch of it between the road and this winter's wheat.

I recon it's volunteer weeds?? But that root looks like it's kin to a radish.
20231118_162156.jpg20231118_162201.jpg20231118_162229_HDR.jpg

Timberbeast

Seen 1 Dove and 1 Pigeon.

Heard maybe 3 shotgun shots here and 2 rifle off in the distance from different directions.

Got stuff to do in the morning so I don't know if I'm hunting Dove or Deer tomorrow.

Good Luck Everybody.

And... If you are a bow hunter, this is a good place to be. More sign here than Carter's got liver pills and I didn't even go far from the van.
I recon I need to learn how to shoot a crossbow.
:LOL:

And... What is this stuff? It come up in some wheat stubble from last year and a bunch of it between the road and this winter's wheat.

I recon it's volunteer weeds?? But that root looks like it's kin to a radish.
View attachment 1270280View attachment 1270281View attachment 1270282
Looks to be pigweed

Big7

The Oracle
The other 2 trucks, 1 Gwinnett and the other North Carolina tag.

I'm tempted to stay and tell them to try Fishing Creek on Clark's Hill if they're already driving from Gwinnett.

I know there are birds there because I seen them Deer hunting. Just to far for me to fool with today. I want to go at least once before they get gone from there.

Dupree

Heard a chase to my south for a while back and forth in the bottom. Finally they come my way. 2 does being dogged by a spike. One doe stopped 20 yards from me and the spike chased the other doe over the hill and towards my son. The doe that hung out finally smelled me and blew the woods down for 300 yards.