#424 Drivelers still on a Journey to somewhere............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Morning, from OKC. Drive in was 43 mins with little traffic, though I did leave a little earlier than normal, since I was up and awake....body still on Eastern Daylight Time.

Much different view today than from the other day.
View attachment 1170722

Dave you gonna have to convert one or two of them cowboys and cowgirls to be Drivelers

Best of luck to y’all on settling in. Does your lady have a job yet?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
It do be flat out there.

There’s some little rolling hills out there. If I remember correctly they are back to the East towards the State line into AR.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I couldn’t have picked a better one myself! Unless it was, The Old Man from the Mountain is coming Home. There’s I believe some old men here who can relate.

At the risk of being called a banned members name I will post this for Sir Ken

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There’s some little rolling hills out there. If I remember correctly they are back to the East towards the State line into AR.

Your absolutely right Jeff, that’s known as the Green Belt. I had a membership at a campground on Lake Eufala in the east. The south east corner is the tail end of the Quachitas. From OKC west is flat sage brush and tumbleweed, cotton woods along the drainages and creeks. The Witchita mountains are along central Texas border, rocky barren kinda hills. For a mountain boy not a very welcoming place.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Your absolutely right Jeff, that’s known as the Green Belt. I had a membership at a campground on Lake Eufala in the east. The south east corner is the tail end of the Quachitas. From OKC west is flat sage brush and tumbleweed, cotton woods along the drainages and creeks. The Witchita mountains are along central Texas border, rocky barren kinda hills. For a mountain boy not a very welcoming place.

Bob I can’t remember, but is there some between Tulsa and the AR State line? That’s the only ofther city I’ve been to out there in a car traveling.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Dave you gonna have to convert one or two of them cowboys and cowgirls to be Drivelers

Best of luck to y’all on settling in. Does your lady have a job yet?
She's got one offer (over the phone) and meeting with them in person today, and another interview on Monday. She's in a high-demand healthcare field....she'll have no problem finding something.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Bob I can’t remember, but is there some between Tulsa and the AR State line? That’s the only ofther city I’ve been to out there in a car traveling.
It gets hilly up in the NE corner of the state, around Grand Lake. That's where I went spoonbill fishing this Spring.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It gets hilly up in the NE corner of the state, around Grand Lake. That's where I went spoonbill fishing this Spring.

Exactly, the Green Belt is along eastern rivers top to bottom of the state.

DW I was out at Panhandle a couple times. My memory is of low timber close to a man made lake there and grasslands. lake Texoma has some good stands of timber around it. I got access to some private land down there for deer hunting.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Keep your eye out for some straight Osage trees when you’re out rambling around Dave. I would be willing to drive out to cut a truck and trailer full of staves

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Morning, from OKC. Drive in was 43 mins with little traffic, though I did leave a little earlier than normal, since I was up and awake....body still on Eastern Daylight Time.

Much different view today than from the other day.
View attachment 1170722
Nice view. I love that flat land and big sky. :rockon:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I've seen a lot of crazy things in my back yard, but this morning was a first and it was a beautiful sight. Had a great blue heron fly right over the pool not too far up. I didn't hear a thing, it was as quiet as an owl. Saw this huge bird in the tree opening coming from the lot right threw the back yard over the pool. Pretty cool! :rockon::rockon:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Any of ya'll ever been on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail or Churchill Downs? Might put this on the on topic. I need all the help I can get. :huh:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Any of ya'll ever been on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail or Churchill Downs? Might put this on the on topic. I need all the help I can get. :huh:
Would be interested in doing the Kentucky Bourbon trail. Wife has a hard time riding in a vehicle right now. Some kind of fear phobia of riding. Would be a nice trip to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway up to Gettysburg and the come home back thru Kentucky to do the bourbon tour. I’d have to allow for a couple of weeks for a trip like that as I would fish all the way up and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.