500 yard rifle range + farm improvement project

Jim Boyd

My geometry is off a little bit.

The platform is taller that I thought it was gonna be.

I am going to have to create a base under the bottom step. It is gonna also need a set of 4x4 posts set in the ground to take left and right away from the ladder, as we will routinely be toting rifles, bows and supplies up there.

I’m getting there, it is just slow.

IMG_5428.jpeg

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Looking great Jim. FYI, I put waterproofing tape on top of the joists of the last deck I built here. It was recommended when using TREX decking. I also painted the joists on all sides with roofing tar hoping to at least slow the carpenter bees. Seems to have worked this spring.

Jim Boyd

Looking great Jim. FYI, I put waterproofing tape on top of the joists of the last deck I built here. It was recommended when using TREX decking. I also painted the joists on all sides with roofing tar hoping to at least slow the carpenter bees. Seems to have worked this spring.

Great heads up!

I am not gonna use Trex (at least I had not planned to). I just used that boards to keep the joists from bowing.

It was left over from front porch rebuild project - and now we are gonna expand the front porch in early 2025 so I will need the few left over boards.

Looks to shoot this summer but I am seemingly swamped with projects.

Many thanks !