A new journey

Todd Cook

I'm back at it! Had lots of other things going on so I had to put this on the shelf for a while.

I don't have too much more to post till deer season comes in. I've struggled a lot trying to make a matched set of arrows/ broadheads. But I've finally got some I like. These will be my arrows for this year.

Fir shafts made from a board, 170 grain +- broadheads made from a skil saw blade. 1.25" wide x 2.5" long. Turkey feathers split, ground and cut out with a knife. Self nocks(painted white). Yellow reflective tape. Arrows weigh about 600 gr. total. I believe they'll get the job done.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 66

Barebowyer

Very nice Todd. Those look great! Look forward to future pics.....I wish you the best of luck.

fredw

Retired Moderator
Just found this thread and, while I'm not a trad shooter, have enjoyed reading it. Best of luck to you this fall!

Todd Cook

Just found this thread and, while I'm not a trad shooter, have enjoyed reading it. Best of luck to you this fall!

Well, we could fix that. We've always got room for one more. Besides, anybody that knows how to catch a trout that big I need to get to know:cheers::bounce:

longbowdave1

Getting close now Todd! Looking forward to your hunting stories with the homemade setup. :cool:

mudcreek

I'm really impressed, but especially the broadheads. I'd like some of those on my modern traditional arrows.