a new stand

Cabin creek man

Ok heres the deal i have a bad back ive come to accept it and am finding ways to fit my life around it. For the past 35 or so years i have hunted from a climbing stand but at this point my back and legs are just not reliable enough to take me up and down trees, as it is i move slowly and at maybe sixty to a hundred feet at a time before i have to lean on something and summon the will to go again. Thats my perdicament so anyone know of a good light weight system to replace my portable stand?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I am planning on using one of these alot this year

Cabin if you wanna try that sling seat let me know I bought one this year and we can set it up and see one would work for you.

Jeff Phillips

Hunt OTG!

If you want some elevation look at the Ol Man Bow Lite ladder stands. Sportsma's Guide has them on sell.

15' ladder that weighs just 45#.

Cabin creek man

Unicoidawg im gonna take you up on that with you being family and all and built like a cage fighter and being the size of paul bunyan you think i could get you to carry my dried up 265 pound frame up into the double chimney to try it out. Shoot thats only a couple miles walk and no attack african jackasses in that part of the country.:D

JohnnyWalker

I quit hunting from elevation due to vertigo issues. So it's ground blinds for me.
Hunting is a bit tougher due my difficulty getting over uneven terrain, scent control and general stamina. All of my hunting buddies have given up hunting for several years now so I have to hunt alone which is something I don't like doing.

thurmongene

Sir, if you are on disability, as I am, just know it is perfectly legal to stay on your 4-wheeler, golf cart, or even stay in your truck.
Just have the proper disability information with you and don't leave the key in the ignition.

Cabin creek man

Im on disability but i love to hunt the wma's here in the mountains and i dont think you can use a 4 wheeler on those wma's. Like i stated before i may only go just out of sight of the road but you would be suprised how much i see there. Carrying weight is a big issue as it limits my range greatly. Whatever i use it has to distribute my weight evenly and be comfortable and also must be easy to get up from this is real important. You would be supprised at how hard it is to stand up from some chairs.

thurmongene

Hey cabin creek man, I'm just South of you in Oakwood.
I would like very much to meet you, have coffee or even lunch.
We can talk about a lot. My other half works during regular business hours during the week, so around 10 am would be good for me.