Ammo Availability - UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialk

yeah...ole biden will make ammo prices go down come jan 20th.....

bullgator

Stopped by Academy today. They had several 200 round boxes of winchester 55gr FMJ .223 for $89.99. Too rich for my blood, but cheaper than elsewhere. Probably sold out by now. Also had some .357 sig and a few defense .380s. Gotta get there earlier....

Rosewood
I would have tore a hammy to buy that in today’s market. That’s $8.99/ box of 20. As good as it gets today.

Dub

I just bought a 6.5 Creedmore rifle, and shot a half of box, then did a scope swap. Shot the other half, but seems my gun doesn’t like this ammo. I can’t find any ammo locally, so putting this on hold to see what happens. Not going to pay ridiculous prices online. I have other rifles I can shoot.

Was in my favorite LGS the other day...picking up a scary black rifle that'd arrived.....and was fondling a sweet Bergara in 6.5 CM. Trigger was super...solid stock with great adjustability, great feeling rifle...priced right and may have even had some wiggle room.

I grudgingly handed it back, though. I'd have to get dies and components to feed it. Not ready for that expense right now.

Dies are about as rare as other bang buttons and whichever powder you happen to be looking for on a given day.

yeah...ole biden will make ammo prices go down come jan 20th.....

Oh yeah....he's gonna do all sorts of good stuff for us. :stir:

All sorts. I hate to even think about it. Dipstick Joe and Irrelevant Harris. :banginghe

Can't find no stinkin' primers, they are going for more than loaded rounds on gunbroker...

The only primers I know of locally were large pistol, I believe and going for $95/1,000.

Gunbroker....whew....sky is the limit.

As stupid as what I'm about to say sounds......if those local $95/1,000 primers had been small pistola......I may....just may would have been tempted.

Ammo prices are just ridiculous right now. It is just plain stupid.

Roll your own fellas, if you can find components.

It is nuts. Will only get nuttier. About like the horrid fruitcake that some folks seem to enjoy at holidays.

Was out running some errands today and made it back home shortly after my cellphone pinged that inbound stuff was delivered.

A keg of that W296 that @JeffinPTC & @BriarPatch99 confirmed as good to go as the H110 I'd always used in my .44mag loads was out everywhere.

Had a witness see me bring the stuff inside. She tells the news, too. She's mighty partial to my bride.....so it won't be long before it's known that gun funds were spent. :rofl:

The heavy stuff was some 124gr & 115gr Berry's heads.

Jester896

Senior Clown
The heavy stuff was some 124gr & 115gr Berry's heads.
:ROFLMAO:when my buddy gets a shipment the USPS delivery person backs up to the door and just rolls the boxes out in a pile as close to the door as they can get.
Hornady 55gr 6K per box
Hornady 75gr 4K to the box
Hornady 124gr 2900 to the box
usually a dozen at the time

Reactions: Dub

kc65

Gander outdoors has 22 mag at 17.39 per 50 20 ga #3 shot at 58.19 per 100 and several other calibers in stock....some ship others in store only...snagged 1000 rds 22 mag and 300 20 ga #3 plus free shipping.......Oh, and talked to Mike at top-bait in Cuthbert Ga just now and he said next year 50 rds of 9mm will be 120 bucks per 50......

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have 1K rounds of Tenex I just might turn loose...might let a case of black box American Eagle go too...by PG something nice :)

Stroker

Midway has/had Hornady 22 cal 55 grain V-Max today>$23.99 per 100 so I picked up 5 boxes to add to the stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.