anyone ready for a gill swap

gabreamfanatic

well they are starting to arrive at the house. i got IJ in the mail today. he has even gave me a idea on how to carry some flys with the tin he sent his in

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
LOL. I didn't know if my fancy fly box would pass muster or not. I carry the same kind in my waders for emergency situations.

gabreamfanatic

opps sorry about that l2d. its one of those flat cig tins. i will post a pic of it in the am. also i just though of how to make some small fly boxes. i have a huge collection of camel zippo lighters and a lot of them came in a small tin. you cant put a lot of flies in them but get enough of the tins and you can have quite a collection going

luv2drum

Cool. I was thinking about getting some foam to go in the bottom of an Altoids tin to keep the flies more secure while shipping.

gabreamfanatic

here ya go l2d and this is what i am going to use. if yal want any of these. just let me know. like i said i have a ton of them just sitting in a big plastic container taking up room
Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

luv2drum

Tins

:cool:Oh yeah those are nice tins and will work great. The zippo tin looks to be about the same size as the altoid tins I use. :yeah:

mudcreek

Mine are ready........what you need to go with them? Need some extra altoid tins?

gabreamfanatic

all right got another package in the mail today. but i need to make sure these are for this swap since i have another going on at the same time. these things are sweet looking the package came from milledjeville ga.
Picture-2.jpg

mudcreek

Fast mail

man I can't complain about the mail anymore. Mailed them tuesday and you got them wednesday???????

any way, those are the "Black Betty"s from mud creek. Just strip them in slow, they ride upside down, and work extra good when the fish are in the grass. Got a little lead wire under the yarn, but not enough to sink them real fast.
I don't know what they are supposed to be, but they sure catch fish. I often alternate the color of the beard with the color of the dragonflies, so maybe they have something to do with dragonflies.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh No! It is me folks. I will mail today. They are in my truck and I forgot them!:whip:

mudcreek

black betty

yep, scud hooks............make a million.......any body got a guess why they work? Make various colors of beards and match them to the color of the dragonflies

allenww

Betties

I can tell you why I like it:

Fin flutter
Tail wag
Hook rides up for less hangups, gives the body bulk,
and is out of sight

We see (for example) the bright blue in the picture and believe it matters. Under two feet of water, I bet most of the blue will be reduced to a much darker shade, if not black. Plus I can only guess what colors a fish sees.

I think it is a winner.

wa

KINGFISHER

I agree with allen, definitely looks like a winner. Reminds me of the little freshwater grass shrimp I use to catch in my dip net when I was younger.