Ballistic Coefficient of 200 grain 30 caliber bullets

fatback

I know this ammo is no longer manufactured but I have a good stash of Federal Premium 200 grain TBBC for my 300-win mag. I wanted to order a custom turret for my Leupold scope that is on the rifle. I know one of the pieces of info they need is the BC of the bullet. This info is not on the box, and I have not been able to find it with an internet search and a call to Federal. Does anybody know the Ballistic Coefficient of a 200 grain .308 caliber bullet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jester896

Senior Clown
Does Speer still make Trophy Boned Bear Claws any more in the lighter weight bullets?

the answer is .395 according to some of the old Federal load information I have from 2013

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Velocity doesn't really have anything to do with the ballistic coefficient, it's a function of shape and mass.

bighonkinjeep

Velocity doesn't really have anything to do with the ballistic coefficient, it's a function of shape and mass.
Here ya go,
BC changes with velocity. More speed.= higher BC
Lower speed= lower BC

menhadenman

Here ya go,
BC changes with velocity. More speed.= higher BC
Lower speed= lower BC
Bingo - some manufacturers use an average velocity for G1. Can’t recall the specifics but it’s something like 2600-2900 fps for a .264.

Reactions: Dub

menhadenman

You can also “true up” you info before sending it off. There are several apps that do that sort of thing. Shoot at 50, 100, 150, 200, 300 (for example) and see how the trajectory lines up. You’d hate to get a dial that’s slightly off.

fatback

Appreciate the help gentlemen. I’ll get some longer range shooting done here in the next week or 2 and get one ordered.

Liberty

Appreciate the help gentlemen. I’ll get some longer range shooting done here in the next week or 2 and get one ordered.
Temperature also makes a difference, especially when you stretch things out. I like to get my baseline dope when it’s not freezing cold or blazing hot if possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts