Blaze orange law tweak!

no reason to not wear it since bait is legal now

No reason to wear it since the corn pile can be seen for such a long distance!

gabowman

Going in the woods in the dark or coming out of the wood after dark shouldn't require blaze orange. I would think most people would be using flashlites at that point which would be seen MUCH BETTER. The DNR is only using the rule to issue a tictet at that point.

Possum

Banned
I think safety harnesses could be made required soon and orange requirement won’t go away.

More accidents equals higher insurance on hunting land. More accidents means landowners more weary of giving permission.

If it’s low light, you see movement in the distance and you have a scoped rifle in your hands, 90+ percent of hunters are going to use the scope as a way to identify the animal. Why would anyone want to be in someone’s crosshairs! I think blaze orange prevents a lot of shooting accidents every year.

ALB

You cannot be TOO safe!

You also cannot allow people to remove the vest at anytime regardless of the circumstance. People will take advantage of every situation if you allow them to.

NUTT

I had a trespasser in fla where no orange on private land where orange is not required.
Short story.
She was sitting by a tree with her back to me. She was there when I climbed into my stand. There was a feeder 200 yds away from stand. She was 100 sitting on ground. I saw something there it was her but didn’t realize it was a person. Sat there 30 minutes. Then it moved. I saw what looked maybe like a hog head. She was wearing a hooded jacket. Stuck her hand down to get up and her head in the trail. I saw movement. Grabbed rifle as she stood up. Put rifle down. She then pulled down her pants and took a leak as I walked to her. She was still doing that as walked up and asked what she was doing.
Now if a deer had walked out between us and I had no idea if I shot it could of hit her.
It scared me worst than her. She came from a property close by. She was a guest there and wandered there and sat down to hunt.

if it was blaze orange u would paint over it. ?
Why aren’t rifles and pistols blaze orange & 4 wheelers and the bags of corn & the feeders. ?
Sounds like you have your spot and stalk method down to an art! Green jeans can't find folks that don't wear their orange so it won't be changed.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Sounds like you have your spot and stalk method down to an art! Green jeans can't find folks that don't wear their orange so it won't be changed.
That was in fla. orange is not required on private land.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I thought it had to be solid and hear most vests don’t really measure up to 500 anyway.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you shoot a human wearing brown coveralls with antlers tied to his head, you are an idiot, and you should be shot, too 2 two to tutu.