Braves 2024 Season Thread

DannyW

It's so bad that the other day I choose, yes CHOOSE, to watch a movie instead of the Braves.

With my impeccable timing, I turned on the game yesterday in the bottom of the 4th inning. It was brutal, made you want to put your hands over your eyes.

It's bad in their heads now, might take an off-season to get it out.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I enjoy watching baseball , but I agree , after the slugfest and breaking all kinds of offense records last season they are hard to watch .

Baroque Brass

Same old same old, lead off triple left stranded. Next inning, second and third with two outs and can’t score. It’s sad. Baltimore gets a three run Homer, Braves once again playing catch up.

Resica

You guys know how far back the Phillies were the last couple and once playoffs started it made no difference. Keep your heads up. Still can catch the Phils and if not, just making the playoffs is a new start. Good Luck guys!

walukabuck

Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game…”

Something severely lacking with this team besides the obvious baseball issues. Fried is going to bail in the off-season to go back home and play with freddie. I'd trade him now when they can still get a king's ransom for him.

DannyW

This year's Braves team is just so frustrating. Looking at each player's offensive stats, you see all-star selections, SS awards, and MVP votes littered throughout each player's career. This is a proven bunch of veterans with the hardware to show it.

Then suddenly, with the exception of Ozuna, they all are having the worst season of their career at the same time?

And now the organization is putting out ads to vote "so and so" to the all-star team??? I think only Ozuna, Sale and Iglesias deserve consideration. The rest don't even deserve back-up consideration.

biggdogg

I fully intend on subscribing to the theory that they're sandbagging. In '21, they got hot in August and made their run. We all know what happened in '22 and '23 with that stupid week off. Let the Philthies have the division...

BornToHuntAndFish

Rough patch Braves are going thru topped off by losing 5 in a row (last time doing that was way back in 2017) while the Nats winning 5 in a row & only 4-games behind Atlanta. Reckon the Braves do not want to peak too soon before the playoffs like last year, but looking forward to getting past this & getting back to some winning momentum. Nice having AA working on it & making public appearances. Next game is early after lunch Thursday at 1:05pm.

'There’s going to be frustration': Braves GM talks team's tough stretch

June 12th, 2024

Anthopoulos’ comments were made a few hours before the Braves suffered a wrenching 4-2 loss to the Orioles on Wednesday night
Braves have lost 23 of their past 39 games and 17 of their past 26. These are their worst 39-game and 26-game stretches since Sept. 2017, which was a few months before Anthopoulos was lured to Atlanta to fill his current role.

Atlanta GM acknowledges Braves not playing up to standards

June 12, 2024, 08:10 PM ET

"I don't normally do scrums during the season, because we've done well," he told reporters Wednesday. "If I'm doing them, that means we're not playing well."
"The Phillies are obviously playing exceptionally well -- best team arguably in the game right now -- but it's about making sure you get to the playoffs one way or the other," Anthopoulos said.
Atlanta hadn't dropped five straight since 2017, the last time the Braves didn't win the NL East.

BassRaider

The Braves are playing great except for the not hitting and losing games.
I say this because I turned the game off to watch the Congressional game and what a bunch of losers. I know their old but the errors, sissy throws, and falling down alot (Goldman). I think the score was 31-11 with the R's winning.

walukabuck

The Braves are playing great except for the not hitting and losing games.
I say this because I turned the game off to watch the Congressional game and what a bunch of losers. I know their old but the errors, sissy throws, and falling down alot (Goldman). I think the score was 31-11 with the R's winning.
The scary thing is that congress is even worse than that at government

biggdogg

This may be the spark that gets this season ignited. If Riley and Olson have in fact turned that proverbial corner, then I see things getting interesting the rest of the way.

Side note, Baltimore is also having their way with the Philthies...