Championship game tonight! Let's go Atlanta United!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

Coenen

There's a little home cooking. Didn't get a chance to watch. I thought it was a typo when I saw the 3-0 line after the game went into stoppage at 1-0.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
That free breakaway to Josef last night was awesome. What a mistake by the defender.

Coenen

That free breakaway to Josef last night was awesome. What a mistake by the defender.
Not gonna lie, I needed that explained to me. Makes sense though. A defender who misplays the ball like a dope should be punished.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
That was a real gut punch. That wasn't a penalty but we also shouldn't have put ourselves in that situation in the first place.

Vasquez should have put away at least one of those chances.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Wild one yesterday at the Benz. Place was rocking. Glad to have Josef back. Stupid we gave up the win though.

Matt.M

Is Pity going to be a super sub with his work rate? SMH.

Like that Frank de Boring is trying for 2 forwards.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Is Pity going to be a super sub with his work rate? SMH.

Like that Frank de Boring is trying for 2 forwards.

About time he started learning that ATL United became champs by being offensively aggressive instead of his 1-4-5 defensive lineup theory.

I'd personally be happier and believe the team more successful with a 3-4-3 or 3-3-4 lineup.

Matt.M

Just saw on Dirty South Soccer that LPG and Barco were publicly complaining about FdB style. No bueno if that is being publicly talked about.

Their record and standings aren't horrible but when you get handled the championship team from last year, you perform! And this isn't performing.

Coenen

Just saw on Dirty South Soccer that LPG and Barco were publicly complaining about FdB style. No bueno if that is being publicly talked about.

Their record and standings aren't horrible but when you get handled the championship team from last year, you perform! And this isn't performing.
Who were those guys yesterday? Can we get more of them? The word I settled on was "engaged," they looked engaged for the entire match. I told a friend it was as if Pity Martinez(in particular) finally realized that he's better than most everyone else on the pitch.

Frank may have a style that he likes, but his team is built to do what they did yesterday. The deliberate build-up that DeBoer favors too often lets an opponent get back on defense, and scuttles Atlanta's ability to get its playmakers into favorable situations. The final ball/chemistry was a bit lacking between "The Big 3" yesterday, but for a few errant touches in the box they could well have scored 5 or 6.

Top of the table is definitely a welcome sight for AUFC, but NYCFC is lurking with 35 total points on the season, only 4 L's, and 3 matches in hand over the rest of the top clubs in the conference. The match against them net Sunday will be a big one.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Good win in Orlando last night to progress in the cup.

I wish Josef wasn't actually hurt and just trolling them, could have showed up for warm ups with the glass breaking soundtrack like when Stonecold would show up at Monday Night RAW.

Orlando fans throwing fingers at players and profane chants are just really endearing.

Coenen

Campeones Cup champions!

Hugely entertaining match. Had the look of a game where both teams "didn't care who won" until the other team was winning.

Coenen

....and a road victory against a side with a strong home field advantage. Dare I say, "back on track?" Josef on a scoring binge. Pity finally looking like a contributor. Good things to actually say. It's a nice change.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Always happy to beat Orlando again. And see King Josef continue his run.

I will say that we big time rode our luck that game. ORL should have scored a couple goals from those chances.

Bring on the cup!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Sloppy passing in the first half. Thanks to Guz for the clean sheet especially in the first half.

Coenen

Sloppy passing in the first half. Thanks to Guz for the clean sheet especially in the first half.
Guz and Pogba both played some great football last night. We looked tired, but luckily Orlando Orlando'd and that was enough to take the 3pts.

Coenen

Where are they in the standings?
Tied atop the East with a game in hand over Philly. NYCFC still lurking 1 point back with games in hand over both ATL and Philly.

US Open Cup final coming up Tuesday.