Championship game tonight! Let's go Atlanta United!

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I'm streaming Almiron's debut at newcastle on my phone here at the office :biggrin3:

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
looking dangerous on the counter as usual

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
...and Newcastles keeper just threw 2 points away

Coenen

Miggy played, and played well, then?

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Yeah, he looked good. Linked up play well and got in some dangerous positions. They were in the lead and playing on the counter when he came on. Notably put in a really good cross that their striker wasn't quite able to latch on to. Wolves scored the equalizer with more or less the last kick of the game in stoppage.

Coenen

Well, their first CONCACAF Champions' League matchup is in the books. I'd say they responded nicely following their disappointing performance in the away leg.

When they really get cooking they'll be something to watch. Love to watch them attack, Shea and Gressel on the wings looked outstanding. Pity already looks like a monster. Barco appears to have made some big strides, and what is there to say about Josef? The man is a scoring machine.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Great game last night. Made me wish I had made the trek up to Kennysaw.

I was impressed with Shea. That was a promising performance from a signing I was skeptical of. Hopefully he flourishes in this squad and setting.

I wish Josef hit the target with that effort from Pity's bounced shot/cross!

Coenen

Shea's size sticks out for me, that size and physicality are something the team has occasionally been wanting. I feel like Atlanta's overall quality should give him a chance to elevate his game. One great thing about having such a talented roster, a player doesn't have to play out of his mind to make an impact. They just need to work together and do their jobs.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Shea's size sticks out for me, that size and physicality are something the team has occasionally been wanting. I feel like Atlanta's overall quality should give him a chance to elevate his game. One great thing about having such a talented roster, a player doesn't have to play out of his mind to make an impact. They just need to work together and do their jobs.

I was not impressed with Shea's play last night. Entire team looked disorganized in DC united game.

Coenen

I was not impressed with Shea's play last night. Entire team looked disorganized in DC united game.
Agreed. Still a small sample size. They'll get things sorted soon enough(hopefully).

On to Monterrey! Maybe they won't dig themselves such a hole to climb out of in this matchup. 4-0 against Herediano was fun, but they can't afford to live that way.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Agreed. Still a small sample size. They'll get things sorted soon enough(hopefully).

On to Monterrey! Maybe they won't dig themselves such a hole to climb out of in this matchup. 4-0 against Herediano was fun, but they can't afford to live that way.

Wonder if 3 games in one week was part of the issue last night.

Matt.M

UGH, team is not looking good. Boring game to watch Sunday.

Will the Coach change the team lineup (3-4-3) form to what the boys were playing the last two years (4-5-1)? Or be stubborn coach that gets fired again with 80 days into a club.

Coenen

They were pedestrian at best this Sunday. I don't like to talk about "must wins" so soon, but they need some sort of result against Monterrey on Wednesday, even though moving forward in CCL is unlikely. Another lack luster performance, and the wolves will really be howling.

The attack just looks out of sorts, and the defense is having major lapses as well. New coach, new system, certainly, but they need to start showing signs of improvement. I think fans would feel better of DeBoer was willing to tinker a bit more with his formation and whatnot. Just something besides trotting out the 3-4-3 and sleepwalking. At least they were exciting while Tata was getting settled. They'd concede a dumb goal, then score 2 or 3 bangers so you could live with it.

Matt.M

Supposed to go to the game tomorrow. I really want DeBoer to work out. We don't need this drama (fired coach, tanking team, boring to watch). BUT he has to bend with the system he has been given. This isn't the academies of Europe.

If he has another sub go in at the 90 minute mark.....

I bet the FO has had conversations will him about this. Let see if he reacts.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I’m going tonight and just want to see a better performance. Chances of getting a result that moves us on in the tournament is slim to none. I know a lot of folks are really frustrated but we have to give it some time. At the end of the day, FdB teams are not going to set up and play like Tata's teams, Miggy is gone and the FO knew that going into all this. I don't think it's ever going to be as entertaining to watch (which is really unfortunate and could affect attendance) but could be just as effective, results wise.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Maybe Josef can score a rage-hat trick

Coenen

Maybe Josef can score a rage-hat trick
They'd have to get off more than one or two successful crosses for that. Service into the box has been abysmal since Herediano. Corners haven't been great either. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the short corners.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I want to see Tito on the pitch too. I've read some comments where people thing FdB doesn't trust him because he's not tidy enough on the ball. If he's fit, run him out against los rayados.