Championship game tonight! Let's go Atlanta United!

DannyW

Okay...over the weekend I did the research and the math.

The Atlanta Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Flames and Thrashers have played a combined 174 seasons. In those 174 seasons they have won 1 championship (1995 Braves).

The professional soccer teams in Atlanta (Chiefs/Apollos/United) have played only 12 seasons, yet they have now won 2 national championships.

Regardless of how you feel about soccer, you have to admire their success and wish some of it would rub off on the other Atlanta teams.

Makes me wish I could warm up to soccer...

Matt.M

DannyW- Great insight. Interesting facts about the seasons\teams.

You would really enjoy being at a Game. Great time.

Coenen

DannyW- Great insight. Interesting facts about the seasons\teams.

You would really enjoy being at a Game. Great time.
I was going to say the same. It's a great live experience. Go down early, hit the tailgates, wander around the building. Stand for the entire match. It's a hoot. You can really feel the intensity.

DSGB

Coenen

Depends in how they had the stadium configured to. Can't the capacity fluctuate a couple thousand based on the event?

When was the last national championship won by puppies? Just sayin.

Or the fact their stadium sits 92k.

DSGB - does have a point on ticket prices though.

Good point..

Dawgs were in the SEC Championship game in that stadium the last 2 years and the attendance for those 2 games were 76,534 & 77,141..

Dawgs still put in more than the NFL and sissy soccer.. Just sayin...

When was the last national championship won by puppies? Just sayin.

Or the fact their stadium sits 92k.

DSGB - does have a point on ticket prices though.

Speaking of National Championship.. The attendance during UGA's last National Title game in the same Facility was 77,430.. Just sayin..

Matt.M

Speaking of National Championship.. The attendance during UGA's last National Title game in the same Facility was 77,430.. Just sayin..

Apples to oranges, we're talking about something that has happened in the past 30 years. Stay on track.

You still gloss over the fact that their stadium sits 20k more, but whatever narrative you want to use.....

Apples to oranges, we're talking about something that has happened in the past 30 years. Stay on track.

You still gloss over the fact that their stadium sits 20k more, but whatever narrative you want to use.....
Whatever narrative? I'm comparing the exact same stadium, The Benz.. And when UGA plays in that very same stadium the Super Bowl and Soccer games are being held in, the venue actually gets sold out. 77,000 fans to 73,000.. UGA games in the Benz have better viewers than the NFL and Soccer..

Matt.M

My bad, I thought you were talking about the last time they won a National Championship.

And seating does fluctuate per event.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium Seating Capacity by Event

The cutting edge design of the Mercedes-Benz Stadium allows it to expand its seating capacity based on the event being held there. Typically a football game will seat 71,000, but can hold as many as 83,000. A two-tier soccer game holds 42,500 people, but can expand to 72,035 for a three-tier game.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
The team is looking good in preseason. The new #10 might be even better than miggy

Coenen

The team is looking good in preseason. The new #10 might be even better than miggy
They haven't really seen much competition yet. Xolos' U20 squad looked like they were moving in slow motion.

Pity looks like an animal. Barco is allegedly much improved now that he's playing in the center. They've got too much talent not to go deep in the league again. Just hoping the new coach can adjust to the way things work in MLS as Tata did.

All of that said, scoring a goal every 10 minutes would seem to be a good sign.

Matt.M

Heard Pity's name is pronounced. P-T.
There goes the Pity the fools jokes.

BUT Pity looks alot better than Barco did last year this time. Can't wait for the first game in the Benz

Matt.M

New kit has been leaked.

Apparently the replica jerseys won't have the star.

atlanta-united-2019-home-kit-2.jpg