Cotton bowl !

Madsnooker

Day looks like he’s been in the Amish cookies from Walnut Creek! If yall ever can get by there, the maple icing is worth the wait behind the buggy. They’re awesome! My in laws mail them to us!
You are correct about that! I deer hunt near a great Amish country store and have become good friends with the owner. His 4 daughters run the store and they sell Walnut Creek Amish goods from cookies to nuts to the best jams and jellies on the planet. We buy all our supplies for camp there.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Well that was hard to watch. OSUs defense came to play but that was the worst QB play I've seen in sometime by OSU. Missouri was at full strength and is a very good team. I knew once I saw 2 series from that freshmen qb that it would be a long night. Once Missouri took the lead it seemed to take the fight out of OSU defense in the 4th qtr as they knew that qb couldn't move the ball.
I have liked day and his recruiting and for the most part, his play calling, but I'm starting to get impatient with him!!! I have that Mark Richt feeling now. Yes I know if the ball literally bounces another way in a play or 2 he would have been NC last year. But.....but......but....
This next year will make or break Day I think.
I'm kinda starting to wonder if Day is a Richt type coach too. Next yr will probably be a great indicator.

DBM78

Day seems to have have female tendencies. He is way over dramatic and at times looks like a child on the sideline. To be a leader and a face of a annual top 5 team you can not be that emotional on a weekly basis. Also don't be taking Lou Holtz.

Duff

There’s certainly a chance Day has himself in an awkward position. If last night’s game showed anything, it how important QB play is. If I’m not mistaken, he’s hung his hat on Air Noland to be his man. As good as he is, thats a big chance to take with a true freshman. Am I wrong that OSU doesn’t have a transfer QB coming in?

I’ll say this though, the defense is elite. I didn’t see the 4th quarter, but they smothered a good Mizz offense for 3 quarters. I’m mean, SMOTHERED.

OSU fans ain’t going to take 2 losses per season for very long though, especially when 1 of them comes at the hands of hairball.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
There’s certainly a chance Day has himself in an awkward position.

OSU fans ain’t going to take 2 losses per season for very long though, especially when 1 of them comes at the hands of hairball.

They may just have to get used to it. Hairball is Day's daddy now :bounce: :bounce:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Well that was hard to watch. OSUs defense came to play but that was the worst QB play I've seen in sometime by OSU. Missouri was at full strength and is a very good team. I knew once I saw 2 series from that freshmen qb that it would be a long night. Once Missouri took the lead it seemed to take the fight out of OSU defense in the 4th qtr as they knew that qb couldn't move the ball.
I have liked day and his recruiting and for the most part, his play calling, but I'm starting to get impatient with him!!! I have that Mark Richt feeling now. Yes I know if the ball literally bounces another way in a play or 2 he would have been NC last year. But.....but......but....
This next year will make or break Day I think.
Glad you‘re still alive, man! Was worried about you last night, especially during the 4th qtr. :bounce:

Madsnooker

Glad you‘re still alive, man! Was worried about you last night, especially during the 4th qtr. :bounce:
I watched the game outside with my neighbor that as big as a Bama fan as they come. He's not a crazy though. It was a different kind of game for me. Didn't know what to expect with the new starter and once he went out I didn't think we would hold on till the end. I love that defense though. They let up in the 4th and you could see it with their demeanor as they knew that freshman qb was way in over his head. It is what it is. Day has to get his next qb figured out if he wants to keep his job. He has elite weapons and more coming in next year but it won't mean much with the qb play we saw last night.

Madsnooker

There’s certainly a chance Day has himself in an awkward position. If last night’s game showed anything, it how important QB play is. If I’m not mistaken, he’s hung his hat on Air Noland to be his man. As good as he is, thats a big chance to take with a true freshman. Am I wrong that OSU doesn’t have a transfer QB coming in?

I’ll say this though, the defense is elite. I didn’t see the 4th quarter, but they smothered a good Mizz offense for 3 quarters. I’m mean, SMOTHERED.

As of now they don't have a transfer coming in. Many think he was hanging his gat on Brown next year then Noland taking over the next. But Brown keeps getting hurt as well as I just haven't seen much from him. I think Day will go get someone in the portal over the next couple of months.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

He hasn’t got a single player from the portal yet. He better get busy. That O line needs some help as much as the QB position. I don’t think any underclassmen that are draft eligible have declared yet either. They may just head to the NFL if Day doesn’t come up with a solution at QB pretty quick

Baroque Brass

That was a boring game, I didn’t even make it to halftime. Glad mizzou won. Hope dawgs and noles offer up a more entertaining event.
The commercial where I got to watch two large black women discuss feminine hygiene products was about as exciting.

Last edited:

Madsnooker

It Ohio State was like an FSU. OVERRATED!
No they weren't overrated. Their defense is elite. McCord was just good buy not great. Even with that they were driving to beat ttun. If OSU was playing Bama tonight with McCord it would be a good game. OSUs deline would feast as ttuns is.
But carry on Slayer as both our teams are at home because they choked when it mattered most!!!! ;)

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
No they weren't overrated. Their defense is elite. McCord was just good buy not great. Even with that they were driving to beat ttun. If OSU was playing Bama tonight with McCord it would be a good game. OSUs deline would feast as ttuns is.
But carry on Slayer as both our teams are at home because they choked when it mattered most!!!! ;)
At least the dawgs regrouped for their bowl game :D