DEAD DEER EVERYWHERE! JT is Live From The Tree 3 days in IL! Last of 2013-14 series

Lukikus2

Congrats on the slickheads!

Hopefully you'll seal the deal on that beast this evening. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya'.

Good luck.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
No more deer since the group of mommas and babies that came thru as soon as I sat down. My danged wind keeps shifting to the nw for some reason. That will kill me if it happens at the wrong time.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this evening. The way the deer were split up this morning when I drive thru could cause a lot less sightings. Course if any of the shooter bucks show I don't care about all the other sightings! Would love too have that giant make another appearance but who knows where he'll be by dark

Heavy chevy..you gotta keep up man!

kevincox

Those trails are unreal! Man, those Midwest deer really seem to not care when they get hungry in Jan. LOL They don't care if your there or not. They got somewhere to go. haha good luck this eve JT

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Now THAT was a good nap! Course people say I adore bad, so there's prolly not a deer within a mile:rofl:

Can't believe this wind keeps shifting like it is. Will put my wind dead in their noses as soon as they hop the fence into this woodlot :(

Kevin I hope your right brother!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Still no more deer. Feeling a lil helpless now. None of the maps or forecast call it, but I now have a steady nw wind and it's too late to try and get down and move. If I was not running out of season I'd throw up the white flag and call it quits for the night just to keep from busting and educating the huge number of deer that use this ditch

Oh well I'm hoping for the best even tho I know better.

2 hours to go

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
First deer movement since noon.

A few deer are moving thru my woodlot as far as I can see to the north headed towards the field. They will end up in the woods along the fence where I shot all my does yesterday

About time for the woods to come alive

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Couple of deer moving across the ridge above the pond off to my left.

Only an hour left...not looking good

BornToHuntAndFish

C'mon prime time & bring that giant beast in bow range for JT. We're still keeping stuff crossed for you.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
30 mins

This seemingly perfect set has been a huge letdown. Sometimes they just don't move and this is one of em

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Here they come. Different trail but they're coming. Probably winded me and moved that way. Maybe 20 in a single file line headed towards field

BornToHuntAndFish

We like the sound of those words "here they come" since we all know the great results when we heard that yesterday. Anything can happen & it only takes a brief moment to turn the whole hunt around.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
4 bucks just came up to field on same trail the big group was on. Biggest I think was the shooter 9I saw yesterday morning

Calling it an eve. See y'all in the morning

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Huge wide buck up in field. Came from the woods I was in this morning or it seems like he did. Can't tell what he is, but full grown!

Maybe he will slip down this trail in the morn

BornToHuntAndFish

Exciting & encouraging end to the evening hunt. Get some needed rest. Appreciate all the hunting updates. Good luck getting on some big bucks in morning.