Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Was able to get a visit with Dad yesterday.... prior to Christmas.

We had talked a month or so back....discussed my finally adopting a handgun with a red dot sight and how much I wish I'd done so well before.

He didn't even try to resist with the "I told you so". :) It was immediate.

He asked me if I was going to put one on a carry gun. I told him that I would at some point, however, I had a couple other gun projects in the works that would have my budget tied up for a while.

I didn't think much about the conversation.....until yesterday's visit.

He was telling me that he wished I'd go ahead an do the dot on a carry gun.

When it was time to go he said "Merry Christmas, son.....this one is yours....it's identical to mine" and handed me a box.

Opened it up and was stunned. Can't wait to get my butt to the range.....wasn't able to get there today.....hopefully tomorrow.

pacecars

Very, very cool

Reactions: Dub

rosewood

We had talked a month or so back....discussed my finally adopting a handgun with a red dot sight and how much I wish I'd done so well before.

He asked me if I was going to put one on a carry gun. I told him that I would at some point, however, I had a couple other gun projects in the works that would have my budget tied up for a while.

When it was time to go he said "Merry Christmas, son.....this one is yours....it's identical to mine" and handed me a box.

Opened it up and was stunned. Can't wait to get my butt to the range.....wasn't able to get there today.....hopefully tomorrow.

Bam!

Kowtown

Yay Dad!!

:clap::clap:

Dub

Thanks, gentlemn.

He said that it came in earlier than he expected and he wanted to get it in my hands.

I am gonna spend some time this week getting acclimated to it.

I run DA/SA on my nightstand guns and have no qualms over them.

I gotta get dialed in quickly, though.....because when we visit over the week following Christmas I'm sure we will hit a range together......and he'll want to go head-to-head.

I am looking forward to it. He'll likely whoop me with accuracy. Only chance I'll have is if we can get on some steel....one of the ranges has a dueling tree. I tend to shoot much faster.....but he'll spank me in any type of bullseye shooting.

Dub

Cool stuff showing up crazy early this morning.

Checked the doorbell camera....FedEx dropped off the SA-35 mags off last night.....stashed on front porch.

Mail Lady made early run today...and dropped off a box.....she was probably grateful that I finally ordered something other than heavy bullets. Heck...she's probably in shock.

In case you are ever in need of magazines....Greg Cote LLC is good people. Outa Florida...and he ships 'em out right away. These arrived insanely fast. Very pleased.

3 of them will get loaded up and be used at the range today.

The two Glock fun sticks are for another future project....although I am tempted to run em through the G19. :rofl:

Want a laugh????.......check out this shipping tracking on some lead swc ordered from Summers Enterprises. Donny gets the orders out right away.....same day or next.....however the Post Office tends to do some oddball stuff with the shipments. I see it more with orders from him than any other place I've dealt with. His shipping is rock solid priced, too....allowing a heap of bullets to ship for one low flat rate of $16-ish.

the orders will sometimes sit around in certain hubs for two weeks before moving. In this case, the order has been through Atlanta twice....no telling if it'll go back through there again. :rofl::rofl:

December 6, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 3, 2021, 7:58 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
ATLANTA GA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 3, 2021, 8:41 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 3, 2021, 4:56 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
November 29, 2021, 8:28 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 25, 2021, 2:05 am
ATLANTA GA PACKAGE SORTING CENTER
November 18, 2021, 4:30 pm
Departed Post Office
BATESVILLE, MS 38606
November 18, 2021, 2:07 pm
Acceptance
BATESVILLE, MS 38606
November 17, 2021, 6:08 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BATESVILLE, MS 38606

And here’s another great one from FedEx…..I am having some bad luck in these two:

B30B601E-C5D2-4C64-BA88-22A42CE2E081.png

Last edited:

rosewood

Cool stuff showing up crazy early this morning.

Checked the doorbell camera....FedEx dropped off the SA-35 mags off last night.....stashed on front porch.

Mail Lady made early run today...and dropped off a box.....she was probably grateful that I finally ordered something other than heavy bullets. Heck...she's probably in shock.

In case you are ever in need of magazines....Greg Cote LLC is good people. Outa Florida...and he ships 'em out right away. These arrived insanely fast. Very pleased.

3 of them will get loaded up and be used at the range today.

The two Glock fun sticks are for another future project....although I am tempted to run em through the G19. :rofl:

Want a laugh????.......check out this shipping tracking on some lead swc ordered from Summers Enterprises. Donny gets the orders out right away.....same day or next.....however the Post Office tends to do some oddball stuff with the shipments. I see it more with orders from him than any other place I've dealt with. His shipping is rock solid priced, too....allowing a heap of bullets to ship for one low flat rate of $16-ish.

the orders will sometimes sit around in certain hubs for two weeks before moving. In this case, the order has been through Atlanta twice....no telling if it'll go back through there again. :rofl::rofl:

December 6, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 3, 2021, 7:58 pm
ATLANTA GA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 3, 2021, 8:41 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
December 3, 2021, 4:56 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
November 29, 2021, 8:28 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 25, 2021, 2:05 am
ATLANTA GA PACKAGE SORTING CENTER
November 18, 2021, 4:30 pm
Departed Post Office
BATESVILLE, MS 38606
November 18, 2021, 2:07 pm
Acceptance
BATESVILLE, MS 38606
November 17, 2021, 6:08 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BATESVILLE, MS 38606

And here’s another great one from FedEx…..I am having some bad luck in these two:

View attachment 1121165
Must be a geocache stashed in your package with all that traveling.

Rosewood

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Picked this little jewel up today. 1976 model, and in a great caliber 7x57 Mauser.

I can't wait to shoot it. the former owner supplied me with some targets and load data. One group he shot with it was less than 5/8 inch @ 100yrds

r77_5-jpeg.3749793

r77_3-jpeg.3749791

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Picked this little jewel up today. 1976 model, and in a great caliber 7x57 Mauser.

I can't wait to shoot it. the former owner supplied me with some targets and load data. One group he shot with it was less than 5/8 inch @ 100yrds

r77_5-jpeg.3749793

r77_3-jpeg.3749791
Tang safety and red recoil pad.
Drooling

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Tang safety and red recoil pad.
Drooling

with the original 45 year old box, no less. This is my 3rd M77. I sold one years back, so this will be 2nd one to go in the gun safe.

Couldn't believe I found a 7x57. I have always been partial to that caliber. Not a fan of the 7mm Rem Mag, but love the Mauser

lonewolf247

I think I got bit by the AR-15 fever it appears! Grrr My birthday and Christmas presents below.

Attachments

• 4F69C51E-CA70-4315-AABB-6E5EE71A59D2.jpeg
    4F69C51E-CA70-4315-AABB-6E5EE71A59D2.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.