Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Jester I am really thinking of getting another 5 - 20 SHV. I have really been impressed with the one I have. To me they are expensive but I think the quality is worth it. The sureness in the adjustments really give me faith in each shot. I have used many scopes over the years but Night Force seems to be one of the best for what I do. I'm heading over to my cousins today to see if he has 6.5 PRC brass, he had and extra hundred pieces last month. I will also need powder, none of what I have is listed in the books. This putting everything together is getting to be fun, like hunting deer, you have to work at it.

(y):rockon::cheers:

I knew nothing about these Hawkeye Long Rang rifles until your post. I'd assumed you were referring to the RPR.

Did some youtubin' and now understand a little better the differences.

Good luck on your quest.

Really liking the glass choice and that cartridge has obvious appeal.

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Nimrod71 I use the SHV 4-14X56 with the IHR reticle on my .260 hunting rifle and love it. The only thing I am not fond of is the capped elevation turret. The newer MOARs are uncapped I believe...and I seldom use the illumination features on either of them so I might go without one this one. I think the clearest glass I have ever looked through is IOR.

If I have a powder you might need your welcome to get some. It looks like they really like the lighter 6.5 bullets.

Last edited:

sleepr71

Nimrod,have you ever considered SWFA scopes? I’ve talked to more than one long range shooter that raves about SWFA quality,reliability,and being best bang for the buck. They usually sell much cheaper than NF & are supposedly just as rugged/dependable. Just a suggestion..others may disagree.

Adam5

It wasn’t today, but last weekend. I traded my Steyr C9A1 Compact for this FEG High Power plus a little cash. The Steyr was my last polymer pistol. Out of 15, all are metal framed, and only 1 uses a striker instead of a hammer.

Attachments

• 7897ECE8-6FB4-4255-81F9-FE318FB7EF16.jpeg
    7897ECE8-6FB4-4255-81F9-FE318FB7EF16.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 9AFC21F4-CCAA-44A8-B0C7-6FC83DF7F6B9.jpeg
    9AFC21F4-CCAA-44A8-B0C7-6FC83DF7F6B9.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 10

chuckdog

It wasn’t today, but last weekend. I traded my Steyr C9A1 Compact for this FEG High Power plus a little cash. The Steyr was my last polymer pistol. Out of 15, all are metal framed, and only 1 uses a striker instead of a hammer.

I haven't seen a Kassnar marked Hi-Power in years. That one looks like it just came out of the box. The last new ones I remember with Kassnar, not KBI or some such was likely 30+ years ago.

Reactions: Dub

menhadenman

Swung by the FFL today and picked up the new blaster that'd arrived.

It's one that has been on my bucket list for 10+ years.

Les Baer Boss
.45acp
blued slide over hard chrome frame

Now that is a beauty! I’ve got two Custom IIs, one in stainless that’s similar. Man I love that 1911.

pacecars

Picked up my Marlin MXLR .308 ME a couple days ago from the dealer. Ordered a Ranger Point Precision Big Loop lever (it is smaller than the Marlin and other big loops), a different scope base and a hammer extension. The rings and Burris scope are sitting in the safe waiting patiently to be mounted. The only pic I have at the moment is from the ad

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Swung by the FFL today and picked up the new blaster that'd arrived.

It's one that has been on my bucket list for 10+ years.

Les Baer Boss
.45acp
blued slide over hard chrome frame

very nice ! Congrats on the addition

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Picked up my Marlin MXLR .308 ME a couple days ago from the dealer. Ordered a Ranger Point Precision Big Loop lever (it is smaller than the Marlin and other big loops), a different scope base and a hammer extension. The rings and Burris scope are sitting in the safe waiting patiently to be mounted. The only pic I have at the moment is from the ad
Nice! I've been wanting that gun for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.