Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacecars

Picked up my S&W M&P 4” 10mm yesterday and my wife told me she ordered a Nosler 48 6.5 Creedmoor pistol for me for Christmas

frankwright

I didn't BUY one today but I got a notice telling me I had won a Ruger Max 9 at the IDPA match I shot last weekend.
I don't really need another gun this size so I will probably shoot it at the range and let it go to someone who needs it.
I also won 5lbs of Shooters World Clean Shot powder and they are shipping it to me free.
first-look-ruger-max-9-770.jpg

Dub

I didn't BUY one today but I got a notice telling me I had won a Ruger Max 9 at the IDPA match I shot last weekend.
I don't really need another gun this size so I will probably shoot it at the range and let it go to someone who needs it.
I also won 5lbs of Shooters World Clean Shot powder and they are shipping it to me free.
first-look-ruger-max-9-770.jpg

You racked up. Nice prizes.

Clean Shot is what the gurus at my range love.

I picked up some to try.

Nimrod71

My wife gave me permission to look at a new Ruger Long Range rifle at the LGS. I have been wanting a 6.5 PRC but I couldn't make up my mind on which one to get. Ruger brought out their long range rifle in 6.5 PRC a few months back and I was told there was one at the LGS and the price was with my range.

I have read all I could find on reviews about this rifle and the only thing I am concerned about is the trigger pull. From what I read the pull is somewhere between 2.25 lb. to 3 lb.

If any of you have one of these rifles or have shot one I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Reactions: Dub

Nimrod71

Jester, the rifles a Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target in 6.5 PRC. I held it and just about drooled all over it. It really feels good and the trigger is not a problem. I have my other long range rifle trigger set at 2.25 lb. and it works good. The LGS is holding it for me, now to decided what scope to put on it. I have Night Force on the 308 and I don't know if I want to take it off and put on the 6.5 or buy another one. I really like the Night Force scopes, their adjustments are really sharp and move correctly. But the real problem is finding ammo or brass for it. All these decisions.

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
Jester, the rifles a Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target in 6.5 PRC. I held it and just about drooled all over it. It really feels good and the trigger is not a problem. I have my other long range rifle trigger set at 2.25 lb. and it works good. The LGS is holding it for me, now to decided what scope to put on it. I have Night Force on the 308 and I don't know if I want to take it off and put on the 6.5 or buy another one. I really like the Night Force scopes, their adjustments are really sharp and move correctly. But the real problem is finding ammo or brass for it. All these decisions.

I get it...Better Brass is $156-158 C and I don't see any. Maybe by the time you are able to get brass you will have saved enough for the 2nd NightForce. :) Don't know what you are running now but I need another SHV. Then again everytime I take my NSX off and put it back on something it might be .25MOA off. That spring gut Ernie I think has one that reduces the pull weight by 1-1.5#

Loaded ammo looks like it is $75-85 a box:eek:

Last edited:

bullgator

I get it...Better Brass is $156-158 C and I don't see any. Maybe by the time you are able to get brass you will have saved enough for the 2nd NightForce. :) Don't know what you are running now but I need another SHV. Then again everytime I take my NSX off and put it back on something it might be .25MOA off. That spring gut Ernie I think has one that reduces the pull weight by 1-1.5#

Loaded ammo looks like it is $75-85 a box:eek:
I just saw an ad for a 4-14x50 SHV FOR $985.......who was it! :banginghe

Nimrod71

Jester I am really thinking of getting another 5 - 20 SHV. I have really been impressed with the one I have. To me they are expensive but I think the quality is worth it. The sureness in the adjustments really give me faith in each shot. I have used many scopes over the years but Night Force seems to be one of the best for what I do. I'm heading over to my cousins today to see if he has 6.5 PRC brass, he had and extra hundred pieces last month. I will also need powder, none of what I have is listed in the books. This putting everything together is getting to be fun, like hunting deer, you have to work at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts